• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a quick opinion...

Yeah, Should. But try to find a set of spare shafts. You can dump them at camp before tearing up the trails. Of course you'll hear the opinions that you need a better axle, but... wheel it and see. Moderate wheeling to me says an average blue trail on the east coast, soft earth, 12- 20 inch rock obsticles, and fallen trees.

Drive it and let your truck tell ya what you need to learn.
My $.02

Derik

well, I got the locker on ebay brand new for $350. for that $$ I can pick up a set of superior axles for $100 each, and still only be into the setup for what a detroit would have cost retail.

i went wheelin with a guy who ran a locked 27 spline with stock shafts and 34's and he hammered the crap out of it all weekend with no probs, if it were my rig i'd go ahead and go for it.

you gotta know how to setup gears, and have the precision tools needed (unless its a ezlocker), one writeup couldnt give you the knowledge you need to do this.

skyjackedxj96 said:
you gotta know how to setup gears, and have the precision tools needed (unless its a ezlocker), one writeup couldnt give you the knowledge you need to do this.

x2 on that, a dial indicator is like 100 somethin bucks and then u need the experience to know when your preload is right and to know what a good gear lash looks like.

my advice, unless it is a lunchbox locker, is to find an offroad shop, or a hotrod shop that has a good reputation for settin up gears

I'm in the same boat...
I have a 27 spline 8.25 in the rear with a power trax that i just put in.
I haven't wheeled with the locker yet, but my plan is to buy some spare axels and see what she can do...:shocked:

Back