• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE question

Showalter

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,, this is my first jeep, 93 XJ. It has a 3" pro comp lift on it and it keeps eating lower bushing on front shocks (was told by previous owner) Will BPEs fix this problem with no side effects? or will the shocks bottom out before the suspension because of the extra inch or so from the BPEs? Also where can I get Poly bushings for the lower shock eyes,, ES3000. what other poly bushings are good to have in the front end? it will be a daily driver.

The issue some have with the steel bar pins that you have to insert through the poly bushings is the play that becomes apparent while on the road. No, you don't detect much trying to move it by hand, but with the forces at the eyelet while driving, you can feel it while driving. The bar pin eliminator puts a pre-load on the bushings; compresses them from each end which causes them to tighten right up on the bar that goes through. Unless there is another issue, I think this will help, but not eliminate the possibility of them cracking/tearing completely.

I've had mine on the front and rear for eight years. One of the rear bushings did crack and start to tear a few years ago, but not to the point of being useless.

Back