• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction lift height

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so it's been 6 months of having my new suspension on and I've added the Rigid Co front and rear bumpers. On the rear, I have the tire carrier version with a 35x12.50 on it. Unloaded, my suspension sits at 7" Front drivers side, 7.5" front passanger side, 5.75" drivers side rear, and 6" passanger side rear. Over all, I'm impressed that with the weight on the back, it is still at the advertised height. It looks pretty awkward as the front is higher than the rear, but it's ok. I'm planning on throwing my stock pack in to suppliment the Full Traction pack and level it out, if not put a bit more into it. I'm wondering though, why is the drivers side seemingly lower than the passangers side? I think it's cause I'm always driving alone, but I only weigh 160lbs, so is that enough to cause that much sag? I'm also wondering what everyone else who's running this kit is netting after the springs settle. For the record, I have the 8.25 rear, d30 front, measured from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame rail. Its a 1999xj, standard suspension (as opposed to soft or heavy duty). For comparison, the stock ride height in the front with the normal suspension should be 6.75" plus or minus .5" and the rear 6" plus or minus .5".

That is a common problem with most lifts. I have it too at 6". I have heard that it has to do with the torque of the drivetrain on the suspension.

My 92 sits with the front end about an inch higher then the rear, and then my rear drivers side sits about an inch lower then the passenger side, it looks really awkward but only noticeable by me when I stare at it. my lift was an AAL kit though so I imagine a new pack would fix it.

Oh, I know that sag will happen with lifts, it did it before on me many times, I was just wondering what other Full Traction kits were turning out to be. I called Full Traction today to get an idea what sized springs and stuff they use. They said 6" coils in the front, 5" pack in the rear, and a 1" shackle. Not bad from my point of view considering the ammount of crap I usually carry with me.

Back