• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock track bar ?

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about cutting off the end that bolts to the axle, threading the tube and putting a heim joint to make it adjustable. Does anyone know the outter diameter and thickness of the track bar? I have couple extra heim joints from when i made my tie rod using RE heim joints. I want to make sure that it will be strong enough, and that the inner diameter is not too large to begin with before I cut the track bar and make it useless. thanks.

You could probably pull a stock trackbar quickly from a junkyard XJ and mess around with it before you take yours out (in case you mess it up) But with a RE adjustable only like $180 I might not skip on something as important as the trackbar

i bought a superlift bar that is adjustable for like 67$ on ebay from their scratch and dent bin

Stock trackbars are "solid",not tube.

good idea, but more than likely stronger and easier to have threaded would be a short sleeve of DOM,
over the outside of the cut end (after its threaded) then welded on.

it may not look as clean as what your idea was but it should be easier to tap and stronger, you may have to buy a bigger heim, or fab some other style pivot point.

Back