• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's had SS TSL 34/9.50s? Need advice

CameronB

NAXJA Forum User
Found a good deal on 5 of these tires, and was looking for 33s very soon anyways. I need to know how they are on the road before I can make a good decision.

I think these are bias ply, and have heard that they aren't good on the road. I can get them and rims for 500 (but would have to sell the rims because they were on a samuri, diff bolt pattern)

If you had these tires, and liked them, what backspacing did you run, as well as lift height/fender cutting?

Thanks

IF these suck on the road, please let me know.:cool:

They suck on the road. 34 by 9.5 is a skinny tire and the side lugs really vibrate the jeep at low to medium speeds. Had a set on a '94 that I bought cheap. It had a Rubicon Express 6" lift and the back spacing was the same as factory wheels. The tires rubbed at max steer on the lower control arms. No trimming on the rear fenders. Front fenders were trimmed up a bit at the bottom rear well opening. Those tires are great for muddin' I suppose, but too aggressive for street driving unless you're willing to put up with wandering and vibes. Bias ply tires wander more than steel belted ones. They develop flat spots if you let it sit for a while too. Sounds like a pain to have to sell the wheels too. I sold my set of 4 with chrome modular steel wheels for $350 and the tires were 75% tread left. I'd look for another deal.

Just my .02

Thanks for the input. Did you run these on a 7" rim? Ever lose a bead? What pressures did you run? And, how was your stability as far as cornering on the road?

CB

Well, I only drove on the street with 'em for about 15 miles -- that's all it took for me to wanna get rid of 'em quick! Cornering sucks, heck just maintaining a straight line down the road was hard enough. Probably looked like a drunk driver. I never checked the pressures, but they weren't aired down or anything. I believe the rims were 8". If you use your Jeep for daily driving, run away from those tires! Don't give 'em a second look.

i run 31x11.50 ss they are great offroad . they get a bad rep on road but they are not asbad as people make it out to be mine is a dd . as far as flat spots on a bias tire they go away in about a mile,they are loud on the pavement but no worse than the cuped bfg muds i had on my f250 if you want a quiet tire dont get these,as far as wandering bias ply tires are not as forgiving as a radial to air pressure you have to have the same pressure in both front and both rear tires to keep them from wandering, other than these fer quirks i love my ss tires and will buy another after these . Oh yea i have 4000 miles on them and you can still read super on the treads:D so much for wearing fast;) try them and if you dont like them sell them thats what i would do:cool:

Back