• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Utah XJ's going to Moab 20yr event please read

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to get a head count on how many Utah XJ owners will be going to the 20 Year Cherokee event down in Moab. If you could tells us:
-Name
-What days you are there
-Where you are staying
I would like to see if it is possible to pick a day during the week long event to gather at one location. We can all meet one another, check out the rigs and talk shop. If you have any ideas on a place to meet and best day for it contact me at [email protected]
I know NAXJA has many great things planned for this event and time might be tight for some. But a couple of hours of chewing fat might be fun with some local boys, help us establish a Utah chapter and create more Utah trail runs together. Thanks

Me and my dad are wanting to go but with the recent wreck of my Xj. we might not make it. If we do though we will be there all week and there will be two of us.

Jerm S.

I'm there. :D
Daniel Frazier
6th - 12th
Slickrock Campground. Reserved for space 186. (?)
Wed. or Thur. evening would probably be best for get together.
Things happening Tue. evening. :party:
Things happening Fri. evening. :twak:

Sat. evening, I, along with probably everybody else, will be winding down from the week and for the trip home on Sun. :speepin:

That's just me though.
Thanks.

climbon, I think that you are on to something here. Maybe we could find an area in the park during the vendor display, or even Slickrock campground, where we could display our state flags and take a few minutes to sign in as a member of that state. We could give our information that may possibly lead to chapters in the near future. As you were saying, it would give us the opportunity to meet and give us a short introduction time. I thought I would just throw this in and see what you think.....

Casper

Of course I'll be there....never miss it. Dates: 7-11 Oct, staying at Slickrock CG. I agree with Casper that the best day might be the vendor/show-n-shine day.

Also, most everyone meets at one or two campsites at night to shoot the poo, so there's plently of opportunity to get to know one another.

Tom

I'll be there 9-12th.
Me and my 8 year old (9 by the time this hits!)

XJScott
Ogden

I fully intend to be there from at least Thursday-Sunday (If I get a new job) and if I'm still in the unemployment line, I might be there for the whole thing..........

I like your idea Casper very much, Sice Moab is in "our" backyard this is a great chance to open up the welcome wagon and show some Utah unity and pride. I will purchase a portable 20' high flag pole that can break down into peices and a large Utah flag for our gathering. If any one else has more ideas please let's hear it. This could be a fun gathering and hey we could even have our own Utah XJ parade down Moab main St. with all the flags flying. All of you that have responded so far pass this info on to others. Thanks

On more thing, if we can get this idea out to all the other states about raising there flags who are coming that could look very cool across the slick rock campground. Casper, what do you think would be the best way to do this. Also, is NAXJA going to have an American flag raised during the event? Thanks

Not sure about flying State flags down Main............. but the idea of promoting local chapters at the Vendor/ShowNShine is a great one. Good job Casper! Since we've had a difficult time getting everyone together for a planning session on the Wasatch Front, we can use the event to bring together those from outlying area as well.

I should be there from the 4th to the 10th. I'll probably stay at Canyonlands Campground, because I like it more than Slickrock.:)

My wife and I, accompanied by our 9 month old, will be going down the 8th till the 11th. We'll be staying at the Super 8 (roughing it), but its pretty close to Slick Rock CG. Look for us in the rather large Cherry Red XJ.

I'll be there, like several of you I don't know exactly when, but I can garuntee Friday afternoon through Sunday 10th - 12th though I would like to be there the whole week. If I can make it the whole week then it would be from Friday evening (3rd) through the 12th. Traditionally I just sleep out under the stars somewhere, If I can make it the whole week I may stay with relatives in town. This is a good idea Keith. I'm thinking that we don't have to meet just once, we could have a during the week get together on Wed. or Thur. afternoon, then have another on Sat. or Sun. before everyone bails for home, hopefully this would cover everybody?

Jared

Everybody is posting what camp site they are in.
When I reserved mine they didn't tell me.
How do I find out? Do I just call 'em or does it say somewhere on the confirmation card?

Back