• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$200

1987jeep

NAXJA Forum User
What should I do with $200? I'm thinking a bunch of little stuff like, cone airfilter conversion and filter and other stuff. I would really like to get some 2" spacers and shackles though to bring my lift to a total of 5" or should I get some 3" rear leafs to replace the add-a-leafs the later getting shackles then some used 5" coils. Then I will eventually get a long arm kit. What do you think about this set-up idea? Any opinions? Or any other ideas on how to spend the $200? All I have so far is a new catayltic converter and 2.5" exhuast and a 3" lift(but I really want 4.5-5" and believe it or not I put the 3 inch lift on myself last summer but it is not big enough!!!!).

After you join, browse the for sale forum or local Junk Yard and pick up skids, a front tow point, and rear reciever.:D

If there is money left, buy a CB or a set of FRS Radios.....maybe a first aid kit and fire extinguisher.....

(do you notice that these are things required for NAXJA events?)

John

1987jeep said:
What should I do with $200? I'm thinking a bunch of little stuff like, cone airfilter conversion and filter and other stuff. I would really like to get some 2" spacers and shackles though to bring my lift to a total of 5" or should I get some 3" rear leafs to replace the add-a-leafs the later getting shackles then some used 5" coils. Then I will eventually get a long arm kit. What do you think about this set-up idea? Any opinions? Or any other ideas on how to spend the $200? All I have so far is a new catayltic converter and 2.5" exhuast and a 3" lift(but I really want 4.5-5" and believe it or not I put the 3 inch lift on myself last summer but it is not big enough!!!!).

i have your setup pretty much, except when i did the 3 inch i bought the full leaf pack.. i just did spacers inthe front and shackles to make about 5 inches.. that only cost about 80 but remember, ur going to def need an alignment now and an adjustable track bar. ..and brake lines.. and all that will add up another 200+ my suggestion is to gather everything and do it all at once, because my jeep right now is in someone elses garage waiting for the trac bar and hubs to come in the mail while it gets new rockers, .. mean while im driving mommys with a 318 (zj) good luck

ps.. my longarms are on backorder

Back