• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Bumper (97+) Tire Clearance

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
I have an ARB bumper, part number 3450080 for 97+ XJ, not yet installed. For those who are familiar with this setup, what will I have regarding clearance when one of my 245/75R16 tires are stuffed?

I think my tires will probably graze the ends of the bumper, but I'm not sure how severe it is going to be.

What actions did you take to fit oversize tires with this bumper? (pics if you have 'em)

108264495_4192916fa8.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the 97+ bumper with no issues, I'm running 235/75/R15 tires however. The bumper ends come right to were the stock endcaps end.

Most people cut down the 97+ ends or buy a 84-96 version. I'll be cutting mine down when the time comes.

Here's a quick shot, not the angle yours is at, and it probably doesn't help any, but if you want I'll be more than willing to take any picture you want...

JeepARB.jpg

I had 33x12.50s and they stuffed pretty hard at full flex. On this trip, my tire actually got stuck on the bumper, so I couldn't turn and it ended up cutting my tire pretty good.
When I trimmed, I trimmed a good 2-3" off the ends of the bumper with no problems. Now there are no worries about my tires getting cut up again.
DSC_0097.jpg

stuffedtire.jpg

trim3.jpg

trim2.jpg

Chris

ckh550 said:
I had 33x12.50s and they stuffed pretty hard at full flex. On this trip, my tire actually got stuck on the bumper, so I couldn't turn and it ended up cutting my tire pretty good.
Chris
That would be why I got an early model ARB to go on my '01....that looks remarkably like your silver....I'm running 255/70/16's, and don't anticipate any problems, but they are slightly shorter than your 245's, the reason I got them. next set will be 265/75/16's, and they should clear the early ARB fine.

Back