• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual pattern rims?

Several companies made 5x4.5 and 5x4.75. I don't see it being possible to have a 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 on the same wheel. The center hole on most 5.5" patter wheels are 4". That would leave around .25" on the inside of the stud before cone recess.

Lincoln said:
Several companies made 5x4.5 and 5x4.75. I don't see it being possible to have a 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 on the same wheel. The center hole on most 5.5" patter wheels are 4". That would leave around .25" on the inside of the stud before cone recess.
Hmmm it might have been a 5 x 4.75 I've seen.... That kind of sucks then.

I saw a set of those once. I fit 4.5 on 5 and 5 on 5 bolt patterns. The rim instead of having your standard hole had an oval tapered hole. Then you had special oval tapered washers with a hole drilled off center. Flip the washer one way it fit 4.5 on 5, the other way it fit 5 on 5. Then your reular nuts fit down over the whole thing. THe set I saw was well used and the tapered oval holes on the rim showed signs of the washer moving inside the hole. Wouldn't recommend it.

I have a set of Centerline Hellcats that have 5x4.5 and 5x4.75 bolt patterns so I can use them on my XJ and on my S10 Blazer.
Diego.

Back