• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch replacement

AJ-91-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
i need to know the best way to pull tranny to do the clutch?? with or without T-CASE?? i have 189k so how long should a clutch last??? the real problem is i have a leak comein from inside the trany--i keep putin fluid in the clutch master cyl..thanks ALL!!

Common problem. Get a new slave, make sure it has the bellows on it, you'll see what I meen. Get a heavy-duty trans jack (rental place) and pull the trans and xfer case as one unit. I have done mine 4 times, getting pretty good at it, takes me about 4 hours.

Rev

I did...but I have 4" of lift. I will say though....all you have to do is drop it down and move it back...you do not HAVE to pull it out from under.

Rev

have to drop the pan to do rear main, good time to put in a fresh oil pump too. Carguest had the clutch kit with slave for $150 shop cost, dont know what they charge retail. They wanted $120 for the slave by it self. Funny. It was another $70-80 for a clutch master cyl.

you can leave the t-case on. i didn't even have the tranny jack, i just used the regular floor jack with a buddy on each side, if you have any lift, it is really easy.good luck

Back