• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Master Cylinder correct install?

318SixPack

NAXJA Forum User
Couple years ago I had the master/slave cylinder assembly replaced by a local shop, I brought in the part from O'Reilly.

Should it have a gasket at the back of the flange against the firewall? It also wiggles a little when operating clutch pedal. They installed with a non-flanged nut in the top stud, going to replace that with a flanged nut like on the stud in the engine compartment. It's M8x1.25

Tracking down another leak on my minimal rust vehicle. The existing leak in the driver's area seems to be coming from somewhere near the clutch master cylinder. Windshield was professionally replaced some years ago with black urethane squeeze-gun sealer and outer vinyl frame pressed into that, appears to still be sealing.

To end the long question, there doesn't appear to be a gasket behind clutch master cylinder, and I am thinking about making one from thin EPDM and Permatex gray flexible gasket maker.

Thanks in advance!

Back