• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for help with EZ Locker

opracer315

NAXJA Forum User
I just in stalled a D44 rear out of a 87 XJ with 4.10, EZ lock, and disc brakes into my 88 XJ. Heres the problem, when I drive straight I can hear and feel the locker ratchet and pop, will actually make the rear end sway side to side. My tires are at the same air presure and are within a 1/8" of height. I do not have the e-brake hooked up. Any ideas, anyone have the same problem?

is the ez locker brand new....I had the exact same probably in my d44. I got it from Raw Brown on here(not his faught at all, great guy to deal w/ done all my gear stuff through him) but I contacted Detriot and they said unless your axle tubes are bent then it shouldn't do it. So I called RawBrown back explain my situation and we swapped it out....for a lockrite. That's interesting your ezlocker in your 44 did the same thing as mine. It's not suppose to do that, not sure why it is, unless something wasn't machined just right and it's out of wack. Just send it back to where you got it. Hope this helps

adam

That’s funny, I’ve heard that a couple of times before. I thought that was odd, I’ve always had a pretty high opinion of Detroit. I’m running Lock Rights in mine (same basic design, different manufacture). He’s right; you shouldn’t hear anything when you are driving straight. For that matter, I don’t hear anything when I’m turning - but I can feel it. The only time I get any noise out of it is when I back up. If you are getting noises while driving straight some thing is definitely not right.

Back