• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wobble..not the typical kind

IcedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
OKay I am getting a bit conufsed. I have an 89 XJ with a 3" lift and 32" tires. It seems that my XJ has decided to come up with a new problem. I know the front brake pads are ready to be changed, but for some reason when I apply breaks moderately at around 40mph i get a really bad violet wobble. It feels like one of the wheels wants to fall off in the front, but all the lugs are tight. I am a bit baffled by this.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be my steering stabilizer. Also what tires do you have?

-Andy

I have Dunlop Radial Rovers RV (All terrain tire, but kind of agressive). The are 32x11.50R15. I imagine it is the front rotors. I really do need to do a brake overhaul. Maybe while my 360 block is off being tanked I can get my motor out and clean up the front suspension (re-greasing and replacing).

the bearing the original one that came with the jeep? Also while driving is there a faint humming sound other then the tires? If its louder then usual I would say a bearing. While your at it look at the stabilizer for leakage or unusual play. I had to replace both of mine before and I had the same exact problem. On a side note I thought a bad rotor would make a sound or wobble constantly, not just while braking?

-Andy

Back