• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flare

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Im curious to see what fender flares you guys run? I lost my driver side stock flare on a trail and am in the market of replacing it. Im not sure to replace it stock or with bushwackers. But for the time being is anyone willing to part ways with an old back driver side fender flare?

I run the 6" pocket flares by Bushwacker...

Nothing;
wheel%20trim.jpg

DR

I run cut up 91 flares on my 98. I like the way they look better than the late models and im way to cheap to buy Bushwackers!

mavrick said:
Im curious to see what fender flares you guys run? I lost my driver side stock flare on a trail and am in the market of replacing it. Im not sure to replace it stock or with bushwackers. But for the time being is anyone willing to part ways with an old back driver side fender flare?

Edit i mean black front driver side.

i have bushwackers...and hate them!

they look ok, but they suck when wheelin!

na, they are not that fragile at all, when i look out to see where to place my tire, all i see is giant flare! if i didn't have all the holes, i'ed take them off.

There are currently two commercial flares available, one from Rusty's and one from Bushwacker.

First off, if you hang any flare on a tree, you will tear it off.

Rusty's look nice but are fiberglass or something similar and are brittle if you hang them on rocks or trees. They fracture.

Bushwackers are made from ABS plastic. They are more resilient. I have laid my rig on its side and only ended up with surface scratches. If you hang them up hard they can be torn from the fender, as any flare would be. As far as being fragile, I say they are pretty rugged for what they are.

No flare is indistructable.

Here are pix of my rig with the Bushwackers, before and after.

XJ_Roll_1.jpg

AFTER

XJfront.jpg

one of my rear rustys flares has a chunk out with a slight rear tire rub...im just waiting for all of them to fracture off like said before... any good snag and they will definatly fracture even at the rivets! overall i woulda gone bushwackers at least they can take more wear and tear and seem to provide more clearance...i has to trim my front rustys to look fluid with my body lines near the headlights like the orange rustys rig but the rears fit great all the way to the pinch seam...barely enough for my 35's with about 8 inches of lift but i have had to trim here and there for proper clearance...any more meat and i wouldnt use the rustys...just not big enough for any more trimming and clearance...anyways

Little thing called read the post before you ask

i did. in that post it said:"I have heard the Bush Wackers are real fragile too. This is what I did".

i understood that to mean that he used something other than bushwackers. if they are bushwackers and he "shaved/cut" them, then i'm sorry. i couldn't quite make out in the picture if they were bushwackers or not.

scorpio_vette said:
i did. in that post it said:"I have heard the Bush Wackers are real fragile too. This is what I did".

i understood that to mean that he used something other than bushwackers. if they are bushwackers and he "shaved/cut" them, then i'm sorry. i couldn't quite make out in the picture if they were bushwackers or not.

The post before that one ya tard. The post I quoted in my first reply...........:twak:

ooohhhh..............91 what???

LOL just kidding. yes i did read that, just didn't look at the username to make the connection. and quite being so rude. give me a break, i'm sleeptalking here. i'll be more alert after i get some sleep. :)

They are flares from a 91 XJ. The mounting hardware is alot easier to use. I trashed the brackets, cut to fit then used bolts/nuts to hold them on. The holes are for easy access to the bolts to take off.

GirlScout1 said:
I run cut up 91 flares on my 98. I like the way they look better than the late models and im way to cheap to buy Bushwackers!

Each to their own, but I think it's just wrong on a late model, running 33's or less, and a way more expensive way to litter the trails.

21.jpg

http://64.226.116.160/ron/post/sh3.jpf[/iìe]

[iìc]http://64.226016.160/ron/post/re2.jpg

re8.jpg

sh06.j_a

jvnov01.jpg

Rusty's and Bushwackers both are trash on rhe traèms in these parts. Ask Cracker.

Besides, the l`te odel look rocks.[/cnlorL
[bolob<navy]--ron[/co ir]

Back