• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift kit

FreeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I have a 89 XJ with a RE 4.5" superflex kit that has non adjustable control arms. I am running 32X11.50 tires. I want to add coil spring spacers but I dont know if the control arms ar long enough. I thing that they will hit on the mounting brackets. Anyone have any ideas to get more lift without spending more money on adjustable arms?

FreeXJ said:
Hello, I have a 89 XJ with a RE 4.5" superflex kit that has non adjustable control arms. I am running 32X11.50 tires. I want to add coil spring spacers but I dont know if the control arms ar long enough. I thing that they will hit on the mounting brackets. Anyone have any ideas to get more lift without spending more money on adjustable arms?

Find a set of RE drop brackets used (I got mine for $150) and you can run your current arms up to around 6.5", and have a better ride to go with it.

You can probably add a 1" spacer now, but its gonna ride like crap.

I did the control arm drop brackets also, as well as 2 inch spacers and 2.5 inch blocks in the back. my ride is still fine and i flex like i have long arm. then you could go bigger with the tires also.

Back