• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission oil cooler for 2000 XJ

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to know if a OEM stock 94 XJ transmission oil cooler will work in a 2000 XJ. They seen to look exactly the same as the one for 2000 at the dealer, just the part numbers are diffrent. Also it comes from a inline 6 4.0L which is the same as my 2000.
Thanks
Alex.

2000XJSPORT said:
I wanted to know if a OEM stock 94 XJ transmission oil cooler will work in a 2000 XJ. They seen to look exactly the same as the one for 2000 at the dealer, just the part numbers are diffrent. Also it comes from a inline 6 4.0L which is the same as my 2000.
Thanks
Alex.

The cooler itself will work. Don't know what kind of oil lines is used on it. It could be AN or clamp on. If it is clamp on then no problems at all. If it is AN, it may or may not be a problem. Either way, nothing that can't be overcome.

You can mount it in the same location or if you want to be inventive and locate it some place else, that is OK too.

Here is a picture of the 94 cooler. As you can see it looks like any other stock cooler for XJs.

9e_1.jpg

Back