• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want a surefire way to sh%$ your pants?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Last night me and a friend driving along a little back road. Me being a ass decided I was going to go 5mph, he went to go around me so I put it too the floor. As I reached 4,500rpm I put in the clutch, half put it into second, dumped the clutch and floored it again.

I wasnt in second... My 1990 MJ 4.0 hit 6,000rpm. I nearly started crying because I thought I was screwed. 4.0s dont even sound like they like 4,500 that much, let alone 6,000.

Dont do it. :)

I hit 6,000 regularly. Only in a Renix, though, HO's are rev limited to 5,250.

4.0's are a short stroke motor, they love to rev, when cammed properly.

I was drag racing my 240sx and went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd. 85MPH in second is equal to roughly 11kRPMS, infront of a crown of otrod guys, woops

summitlt said:
Last night me and a friend driving along a little back road. Me being a ass decided I was going to go 5mph, he went to go around me so I put it too the floor. As I reached 4,500rpm I put in the clutch, half put it into second, dumped the clutch and floored it again.

I wasnt in second... My 1990 MJ 4.0 hit 6,000rpm. I nearly started crying because I thought I was screwed. 4.0s dont even sound like they like 4,500 that much, let alone 6,000.

Dont do it. :)
In 1st or just missed 2nd?

Back