• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have a question on price.

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking at selling my jeep and buying new toys. Dont know really know want to ask for it heres a list of everything on it. (sorry its really long)

1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Exterior
• Newer Paint
• Yakama Roof rack
o middle extension (full roof length)
o Rear facing lights
o Hi lift jack mount
o Shovel mount
o Spare tire mount
o Custom made receiver holder for license plate(for when a winch is in the front receiver)

• Front doors removable (better than most I saved the whole hinge so the door doesn’t sag.)
o Custom made tube doors
• Fenders cut (not chopped up very nicely done)
• Ohana custom fab rock sliders with custom angled rock rails/steps
• Custom 4x4 Fabrication front bumper
o Receiver
o License plate holder for receiver
o Pre-runner bar
o Pro comp 6x9 lights
o Custom ordered First one to have tapered at ends for approach
• Custom 4x4 Fabrication Rear bumper
o Spare tire carrier custom made by Custom 4x4 Fabrication for me with a taller center section and angled back. Will carry a 37 inch tire.
• Stock Receiver hitch
• Labarron hood vents (Also have a cowl induction hood that my brother and I made. Almost done just needs a little bit of finish filler and sanding.)

Interior
• Roll bar
o I bolts for 4 point harnesses
• Custom 4 bucket seats
• Still have rear seat (will be included with sale very easy to remove rear bucks and put bench back in.)
• Second center console in back
• Cup holders built into top of console lids
• 2001 headliner with sound bar in back
• Pioneer speakers in sound bar
• Kenwood speakers in rear hatch and front doors
• 5 gallon on board air tank
• Husky floor liners

Engine accessories/ Drive train
• 19x,xxx miles (runs amazing always taken care of)
• Air conditioning never worked and it was going to be $1500 to get it updated so I tore it out and made an onboard air out of the compressor.
o Air plug ins under the hood and by the gas filler under the gas door.
o Routed from compressor to oneway valve, to water separator, to a block with a gauge and plugin, back along the jeep to the tank in the back with a safety valve.
• Hand throttle installed to gear shifter.
• Front skid plate with custom made drop brackets to drop it 2 inches
• Transfer case skid plate (custom, more below)
• Gas tank skid plate
• Front axle
o 1988 Jeep Cherokee Dana 30
 Replaced axle disconnect with a solid chromolly shaft
 Bearings have been replaced
 4.56 yukon gears
 Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil
• Rear axle
o 1990 Jeep Cherokee Dana 35
 4.56 superior gears
 Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil
• Lift
o 3.5 inch Rubicon Express coil springs(netted about 4.5 inches) (also have 2 inch aluminum spacers that will be included also.)
o Pro comp control arms
o Procomp Shocks
o Full 3.5 inch Rubicon Express leaf packs that settled to about 4 inches
o 1 ½ or 2 Inch (can’t remember) Warrior Shackles
o JKS quick disconnects
• Tires
o 5 32x11.50 BF Goodrich mud tires (maybe 3500 miles on them and about 1000 are from towing it to Moab.
o Black steel rock crawler rims
• Transmission
o 1992 Jeep Cherokee Ax-15
o New clutch
o Transmission cross member plated with 3/8 inch steel and custom 3/8 inch skid plate (Crushed the original one in Moab and wanted to make sure it never happened again.)

Any ideas on price?
looked up prices and theres about 12 grand in it (rounded mind you)
Help would be amazing!!

Pics would help... and i'm sure more people will say this, but even though you got lots of money in it, it's not gonna bring that much out of it. Especially being an older vehicle...

Would like to see pics of the rear bucket seats/center console. Sounds pretty nifty.

If you wanted the best bang for you buck you'd probably be better off parting it out if you have the time/patience. Unfortunately you wont find many people wanting to spend $7k+ on an older Cherokee even w/all those mods.

As for price i know there no way im getting retail prices out of it.
Heres some pics out in moab with frank and the guys.
100_4195.jpg

100_4178.jpg

phone042.jpg

Dont have any pics of the seats lol last time i took pics was at Moab and i did that after.

mainly just looking for a ballpark price. what you would think was a fair price. Put it on craigslist about a month and a half ago for 4000 and had to take it off because i got so many emails ( 29 in the first hour) and got tired of people trying to bid on it. some one would offer me 2000 for it and then i had people trying to offer 7000 for it.

personally, the extras are nice but not key factors. i wouldnt pay more then $2k for this due to the year and high miles. the front chrom is nice, but the 35 in back is an issue. roof rack isnt a factor either way

you would be better parting it out

$2800 - $3400. Winch is shown but not listed...........?

Its a very clean, nice appearing XJ........ but the market sucks right now. It's age and mileage will keep it toward the bottom of buyer's lists.

Oh and......... how do 3.5" leaf packs settle to 4"? :laugh:

Last edited:
depends on how patient you want to be and how good you are at selling your junk....

the 35 in the rear is gonna be a kicker for it for sure.

milage is high but there is a lot of good parts tossed at it. if you have recently done plugs or wires or waterpump or any of that stuff POST it. it helps a good bit.

i think realistically if your patient you can get 4-4200
in a rush 32-3500

market does suck, but its about how well you can talk. sold STOCK 89 with 230k and jsut some stupid headlights and battery for 2700 just a few months ago.

You talkin about you frank? ... or me standing behind you lol :rof:

The funny part is that this red jeep (the oldest cherokee we have) runs better than the other 4 which all have 40,000 to 100,000 less miles on them. lol

In4aride- I have a book of receipts of crap Dad and I have done to this thing since we got it. New sensors, plugs, wires, caps, belts, fuel pump you name it we probably replaced it at one point. lol no water pump though never leaked a drop of antifreeze. It likes to mark its territory if you let it sit long enough, a drop or 2 of oil every now and then.

I would make known the receipts for the work in your ad. people like the security of knowing they arent being lied to. I stick by my suggested prices and think you should go with a $200 bump from what you want to get. You create a decent buffer, but refusal to take 1k less than asking price shows you know its worth what you want. know what i mean?

GLWS

Back