• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simulated beadlocks?

They're not really gay just.....very poser like.Most people wont know the difference unless they actually wheel so unless you tell everyone they're fake, you should be OK. And I personally have nothing against fake ones, if I came across a set, I'd get 'em.

zfinger said:
So I'm looking at getting some black rims, maybe the US Wheel Daytonas. I like the look of them with the simulated beadlocks.
http://www.alliedwheel.com/steel/images/54BlackDaytonaBL.jpg
My question is... are fake beadlocks gay? Will I be a tool if I have the fake ones? Is this the equivalent of a big wing on a honda? Or am I safe from flames if I get um...

2" lift on a 97', with BFG AT 30's BTW.

rainbow.gif
X2

zfinger said:
My question is... are fake beadlocks gay? Will I be a tool if I have the fake ones? Is this the equivalent of a big wing on a honda? Or am I safe from flames if I get um...

AHH Yes
zfinger said:
2" lift on a 97', with BFG AT 30's BTW.

Even bigger Yes.

Just my .02

Oops, dont read my post....I didnt see that they're going on a 2" lift...
Then I say yes to you being flamed and possibly being called a tool.
Sorry man.

yeah i'd have to agree, that its kinda lame, but not gay. gay would be putting some chrome bling bling rims on any hardcore 4xXJ. IMO simulated beadlocks look cool on a bigger rig, but whats the point? you might as well slap a dump load of stickers on your rig and walk around claiming your sponsored! GAY

fake beadlocks are cool!!.......:shhh:

I'll be ordering the rims soon, I can decide on the fake beadlocks later on in life...

And you guys know the 2" lift wont last long, this shit is addicting

Well, I'm kinda of the persuasion that REAL beadlocks on a rig with 2" lift would be worse.....

I say if you like 'em, run 'em - you won't be the first to have put them on and at least you're running some lift.

FWIW, I run the fakes just because I can't afford the true locks. I needed something tougher than traditional steel rims and the fakes have held up to some pretty intense hardcore 'wheeling so far - the added rolled outter lip really does strengthen the rim.

I have em , I like em got them a year ago Qtech had them on sale for $60 each. If want them get them it your rig to each there own.

No, real beadlocks are gay, especially on a Cherokee.
Who the hell needs beadlocks to get fawking groceries?
Got big parking blocks?

beadlocks on teh XJ for the haters...

29068.jpg

:wave:

YELLAHEEP said:
I needed something tougher than traditional steel rims and the fakes have held up to some pretty intense hardcore 'wheeling so far - the added rolled outter lip really does strengthen the rim.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. This is the only reason I run Street-locks, the reinforcement of the outer bead. After seeing what happens to regular steel and non-beadlock alums rims and to only have minor scraping of the paint off the rim. I'll stick with my slim-locks until the fundage for the real-thing is there.

CartsXJ said:
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. This is the only reason I run Street-locks, the reinforcement of the outer bead. After seeing what happens to regular steel and non-beadlock alums rims and to only have minor scraping of the paint off the rim. I'll stick with my slim-locks until the fundage for the real-thing is there.
Stickin with that story, huh? :D

kid4lyf said:
Stickin with that story, huh? :D

Yeah, after spending a hour getting the wood, rocks and dirt out of and straighting my g/f beads, she has regular steelies. And watching my buddy chip two factory aluminum rims and cracking another to the point of non-usable. Yeah, I'll stick with my story. :wave:

Plus they give me that I am a "Hardcore Rock Crawlin Pimp" look. :pimp:

I know everybody wants to be like me :laugh3:

Back