• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

confused.....

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
i know the rusty's kit isnt to some a "complete kit" but im wondering what the rustys kit doesnt have that the RE has and the skyjacker 6in. has. as of right now i am mainly just looking for a lift, then i will add more components as i go along. if you could, explain the parts for me, im new. appreciate it .

well search would have solved problems here but..

i wouldent advise $kysagger because their over priced and sag after a year. My friend has their 3" kit. fine in the front, sits bout 3.5 but the rear sits about 2" now. this was a full spring kit.

The rustys kit doesnt have the extended brake lines, the LCAs, or the adjustable track bar. Ive got rustys myself. very happy with it. they are very well priced and i think the quality is excelent. im going to add as i go along. probobly adding jks products.

I believe ether rustys or RE is the way to go.

His full kits are pretty extensive... I mean, I don't know of what else you'd need at 6". One thing though, I wouldn't go with short arms at that height... it'll be way too bumpy, and I know from experience. Anyway, I'd go with an RE kit with drop brackets. You'll get a better ride, better quality parts, and a nicer ride.

I got the 6.5" short arm kit from Rustys. Yea its a lil stiff at first but has broken in well and rides good. Off-road it has performed flawlessly. As for the kit, it came complete minus the SYE and Drive Shaft.
Parts in kit: Upper and Lower control arms, Coils up front(no spacers), Full pack springs in rear getting full 6.5 inch lift while still using stock shackle(so more lift can be gained by getting a longer/stronger shackle), Heavy Duty Track bar and bracket w/poly bushings, JKS Quicker disconnects, Extended Brake lines, U-bolts for rear axle/springs, pinion shims, shocks front/rear, and I wanna say thats about it. Now I would.... Actually I ENCOURAGE going out and buying some Grade 8 replacement bolts that will fit in both your control arms and in the rear springs. The kit doesn't come with any and assumes you use the stock bolts. But I highly doubt you get them all out before either breaking one or the sawzall/grinder eats one! In a nut shell thats the kit and like I said thus far has held up very well with the wheeling and DDing I do with it even at 75mph on the highway once in awhile and not a vibe or shake to be felt.

Back