• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lift etc.

krackerjack87

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Cherokee Classic stock. I am looking at lifting it and putting some 33's on. I am able to get 3 free 33" muds. So I will only have to buy one new one. Will I be able to fit them with a 4.5" lift. I don't go offroad that much and am willing to trim a little. I am looking at getting 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing. Also, looking at 4.56 gears, but would it be necessary for me to get gears right away or can I wait awhile. Finally, what about an SYE and driveshaft. I found an SYE kit for $170 and would probably just use an old front d-shaft from a junkyard for the rear. Would this work? Or do I even need the SYE? Thanks.

you can make the 33's fit if you trim a little. don't necessarily have to regear right away, but it's always good to. the old front driveshaft should work if you go get it shortened down and use an adapter flange. just go to a driveshaft shop and they should be able to hook you up.

yes you can fit it with 4.5 lift. I have 33" trxus and they are actually bigger than all my friends mtr's of the same size.. it takes some trimming, and some fine adjustment!

But its well worth it.

not the best pic, but you get the idea!
Jeepddddd.jpg

I have the RE 4.5 kit by the way.. which i got 5" out of. You can tool around on 3.55 gears for a while but with the AW4 dont put it in OD. 4.56 gears will really help.

One thing to remember though. If you do wanna wheel it, a traction device is a must. All that flex is worthless if you cant keep the wheels turning, and when you re-gear is a prime time to install a traction device!

rangerjoe2001 said:
yes you can fit it with 4.5 lift. I have 33" trxus and they are actually bigger than all my friends mtr's of the same size.. it takes some trimming, and some fine adjustment!
don't mean to hijack or anything, but how do you like those trxus mt's? i'm considering getting a set for my DD and want something that's not going to wear out in a month.

XgeekstarX said:
don't mean to hijack or anything, but how do you like those trxus mt's? i'm considering getting a set for my DD and want something that's not going to wear out in a month.

They wear really well for me. I have put 5,000 miles on them and they still have the little step up on the middle treads. "you'd understand if u saw them"

this is a crappy picture i took with my webcam when i first got them, but you get the idea.

Picture26.jpg

I was really impressed when i first got them. They grip really well! I'd reccomend them!

krackerjack87 said:
What brand lift for the 4.5" lift do you guys prefer?

Rubicon Express, super-flex, with leaf pack.... Nice, complete kit. Upgrade the shocks and disconnects. Though you say you don't offroad much, but that will soon change. Build it once, build it right!

Good Luck!

rangerjoe2001 said:

But its well worth it.

not the best pic, but you get the idea!
Jeepddddd.jpg

I have the RE 4.5 kit by the way.. which i got 5" out of. You can tool around on 3.55 gears for a while but with the AW4 dont put it in OD. 4.56 gears will really help.

One thing to remember though. If you do wanna wheel it, a traction device is a must. All that flex is worthless if you cant keep the wheels turning, and when you re-gear is a prime time to install a traction device!

I ghave 31" Trxus m/ts on my 01 love them its my dd great tire but like ranger said they are bigger then they say my 31's are as big as my buddies 32" Goodyear MTR's

Back