• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD with TSLs?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I found a set of almost new 29x10.5x15 TSL SX's in the local classifieds for $300.

I was thinking of running these on my 90 MJ with 2" of lift.

Anyone ran these tires before? I was thinking they might not rub, because ive heard of people saying that 31x10.5s rub on the LCAs but these are a bit shorter and might clear.

Only thing I am wondering about is that I have never owned a set of BiasPly tires, would it be bad to downgrade to a biasply.

Ive also read that biasplys are bad on gas, because of the squirming and all that. True?

I did a little more reading and biasplys dont seem to have a good rep. Guess ill pass on the tires. Kinda sucks...

bias ply suck, ESPECIALLY on the highway, my 31x11.50 wrangler R/T's grab left or right every increase by 5mph over 50mph, and they jump uncontrolably at 70. I only use them for wheelin, I keep AT's for the street.

unless you are made of money, don't run any swampers on the street. i have tsl radials for off-road and bfg at's for the street. yes it's a pain to change them all the time.

a few words... bumpy bumpy bumpy feels like your on a horse or somthing...loud and a rough ride...but thats what a jeep is anyway right>? i have pro comp mud terrains...thats about as much DD noise as i could handle

Back