• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho 9000

I run Rancho 9000's and I like them alot. The adjustability is nice but you can do with out and save some cash by buying a cheaper shock.

I've been using them with the in cab adjustment for about 10 years and really like them. They've been great shocks both for street and rock crawling and it's one of the few mods to the XJ where if I had it to do over, I'd do the same thing again.

I run them at 1 or 2 for a softer ride on the street or washboard dirt roads and 4 to 5 in the rocks. Also, if we have a few miles of mountain road driving between trails, I set em at 4 so the heavy dampening does the job of a swaybar.

I've had 2 sets on another vehicle, and I'm about to be on my second on the XJ. FYI the listed part # for a Cherokee and 3 inches of lift are way too SHORT! by about 3.5 inches on my truck. I've actually got a set on my truck, and a set on the bench, and need some 9112 or 9010's for my rear. If you are stock, these would work great, and I'll make you a good deal! I highly rec RS9000's. I'm wondering where I could mount the air compressor with the incab controler? or could I run the compressor to my tank/bumper and then to the shocks?? I need a compressor for on board air anyway! And where did you mount the controls in the truck??
HTH

Yeah, very true, the ones recomended by rancho are too short, go with the onesz recomened for a TJ rockcrawler lift, and those will work for 3-4" of lift.

I mounted my gauges seetup in front of my shifter, below the ashtray in the pocket, and it fits perfect, looks like it was fabbed to be there.

Had them on 2 jeeps and my dodge durango. I like them a lot. Definitely improve street handling, too.

I am really interested in these shocks as well, but when I called a distributor that I use he said that Rancho doesn't have any for my application. Does anyone know which part numbers that I would need if I am running a 4.5" Rusty's lift? Would 9000s work with this much lift? Thanks in advance!

AUCherokee said:
I am really interested in these shocks as well, but when I called a distributor that I use he said that Rancho doesn't have any for my application. Does anyone know which part numbers that I would need if I am running a 4.5" Rusty's lift? Would 9000s work with this much lift? Thanks in advance!
Look for the part numbers for the 4" TJ lift, those are what you would need for XJ with 4-5" lift.

tcm glx said:
Look for the part numbers for the 4" TJ lift, those are what you would need for XJ with 4-5" lift.
Or better yet, get under your truck, remove one end of your shock, and see how much droop you've got. Measure from one mount to the other, and get a shock that is longer than that! Then just make sure you've got bumpstops to accomodate any shock body issues (compressed length) :wave:
Rancho shock specs
The RS9000's specs are on page 4...........................

Thanks for the input guys! Chuck, I'll catch up with you sometime. I'm from the big town of Coker, so I'll be on the look out for you. Thanks again!!

Back