• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar ?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Ok im starting to regret not installing the lift by myself. Anywho i have a little question and ive done some research throught the search. The track bar as a whole moves a little but my main concern before i attack is that it that i can move the lower part of the track bar because its loose at the thread. So i would imagine that if i shortened it a little it would stiffen up but then would it even be long enough to fist back in the brackets?

Thanks

mavrick said:
Ok im starting to regret not installing the lift by myself. Anywho i have a little question and ive done some research throught the search. The track bar as a whole moves a little but my main concern before i attack is that it that i can move the lower part of the track bar because its loose at the thread. So i would imagine that if i shortened it a little it would stiffen up but then would it even be long enough to fist back in the brackets?

Thanks

Does anyone know what the heck im talking about?

not really. the lower track bar mount (axle end) is a bolt that goes through the bushing into a nuttstrip. it should be as tight as you can physically get it. and then some. the upper mount (if still the stock bracket) uses a rod end into the bracket with a nut on top. that nut should be as tight as possible. if its an adjustable track bar there is a jam nut on the rod end threads. it should also be tight.

if you have an adjustable track bar , which it is sounding that way, the nut on the threaded part of it should be tight against the sleeve part of the track bar, not the "EYE" where it bolt's to the axle. if you move this or adjust it,,you pull or push the axle left or right,,which will put one tire out farther away from the body, which in turn also screw's up your alignment, so that need's to be put back in also.

What i dont understand is the bar moves at the threaded part. It almost seems like theres all but a few threads holding the bar together.

tighen the jamb nut...

if there isnt one, you need an 11/16"x18 NOT an 11/16 x 16... Belive me, i know...

XJ_ranger said:
tighen the jamb nut...

if there isnt one, you need an 11/16"x18 NOT an 11/16 x 16... Belive me, i know...

Right after i wrote my post that exactly what i did and i believe it fixed it. Thanks dude for the advice. Im really becoming convinced to do my own work for now on on my jeep (unless it has to do with gears).

Back