• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$&%%&@ UCA BUSHINGS!!!

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced mine a few months back and the damn things are shot already! It's bad enough that they are a royal pain in a$$ to change, and the only place that had them when I needed them was the stealership...well you get the picture.

I started hearing the ever-popular clunk from the front end and I crawled under the beast and had my wife roll it backwards and sure as $hit the center bushing is screwed up.

So what to do?
1) Stuff another pair in and stick to dirt roads and the mall. :mad:
2) Leave 'em in a sell the heep. Buy a Zuki instead? :rattle:
3) Try to find poly bushings and live with the increased vibes.
4) Start collecting material for a DIY Long arm kit.

Right now I'm setting on a 3.5" RE SuperRide kit with Full Leaf Packs. Additional height is not needed or allowed at this point in time. The heep is my wifes daily driver and my weekend toy so I've got to keep it at the height I'm at now.

Any and all advice is welcome, links would be appreciated, and flames are probably justified as well.

Signed...
Me...the dipshit with the lousy bushings.

u would seel ur XJ and buy a zukie cause ur upper control arm bushings....? Just find some poly bushings.

Dont even consider the poly's,just get a set of Super-flex arms,your probably over-flexing the suspension.BTW,Napa has the "good" replacement bushings!

Back