• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My swaybar relocation brackets

corbinafly

"Mmmm. More please."
Here's what I did to relocate my swaybar after installing Toys by Troy crossover steering. I used 1/2" flat bar stock to make these very simple brackets.

K
swaybarrelocation48ia.jpg

swaybarrelocation37xm.jpg

swaybarrelocation24nx.jpg

swaybarrelocation11cm.jpg

Tell me which bolts are into existing holes and which ones had to be drilled.
Was 1/2" bar stock necassary would quarter or 3/8 work??

Thanks,
Timbo

Timbo said:
Tell me which bolts are into existing holes and which ones had to be drilled.
Was 1/2" bar stock necassary would quarter or 3/8 work??

Thanks,
Timbo
All the bolt holes on the unibody are already there and tapped. I just used one extra hole that wasn't being used to help relieve the stress on the back bolt.
3/8" bar might work. I don't know. I don't think 1/4" flat stock would be strong enough unless you reinforced it with a gusset or something. I just wanted to be sure that it wouldn't bend so I used the 1/2" stuff.
By the way, the forward most bolt head is actually welded into the bar stock so there is no head sticking out on top of the bar. There might have been room for the head, but it was close.

K

So all the bolts got thru the plate into existing tapped holes in the unibody??
Except for the one at the very front??
So the only purpose for the plate is to accomodate the bolt closest to the bumper???
Sorry for so many questions.........just trying to wrap my brain around it.
Timbo

Timbo said:
So all the bolts got thru the plate into existing tapped holes in the unibody??
Except for the one at the very front??
Yes.
Timbo said:
So the only purpose for the plate is to accomodate the bolt closest to the bumper???
Sorry for so many questions.........just trying to wrap my brain around it.
Timbo
It's to accomodate the bolt and to provide a flat surface to bolt the sway bar onto. The unibody starts to curve upward there.

K

I like all the bracketry on the axle. Kudos.

Back