• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driving without floor board

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I spend most of my weekend taking out the front passanger side floor due to heavy rust. the gap extends from the rear spring hanger to the front floor where it meets up with the firewall, and extends inwards almost where the driveline hump begins.. I wnat to know will it be safe for me to drive this thing to the body shop for work to be done to this? will this fold on me? or will it be safe, I will not be taking highways, only streets. so will it be safe for me to drive this heep or do I need to call in a flat bed???

I don't know about your question, sorry, but let me ask you a question! I just took out all the carpet and cleaned up everything, and I only have rust on the passenger side, none on the driver side is that how your's is?

Did you see any rust on the underside before you removed the carpet?
I just looked under there yesterday and saw a split in the seam which runs under the rear seat area. I have already done the cargo are and under the seat but this is getting old.
So, what I'm saying is the area under the carpet was shot, the underside looked fine or was shot to? Thanks, Juice

Guess I'm going to pull everything out this weekend again.

whooopeeeee
Flinstones... meet the Flintsones... they're the modern stoneage family..... :)

I don't see why you should have any problems driving it like that as long as you don't have someone trying to stick their feet down through the hole as it's moving. Btw, how far are you going to be driving?

Kejtar

Did you see any rust on the underside before you removed the carpet?

well i saw couply VERY little rusty parts. at first I didnt think much of it, i thought I could just paint over it and it will stop, but something told me to remove the carpet, and when I did It was a totally differnet story.

how far are you going to be driving?

I would say about a good 10 Miles to my auto body,

(this is for an estimate) the guy told me to bring it down so he can take a look at it. Im woundering If I can do this job myself If not that hard. I mean I had the guts to put the saw to my floor / rockers/ fenders/ I dont think I would hesitate to put a welder in the same places.

on do it yourself get in touch with Ghost... he did a pretty nice job but I think the words PITA came from his mouth more then once....

Back