• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Victory Over Death Wobble!!

BoC

NAXJA Member #1266
I finally recieved my tb relocation bracket and installed it granted my steering wheel is 90* off but ill get it lined up tomorrow the death wobble was real bad until i replaced the lcas then it got slight and now its gone 3in rustys kits should really come with the 29 dollar part from 4wd hardware

What kind of bracket?Bolt-on's are a joke!
You bought yourself one fine $40 paperweight!(I saw your other post w/ shipping costs) :laugh3:
I have one here that I loan all the newbie's for a week or two till they realize whats needed!

Last edited:
its a relocation bracket made for rough country lift kits it goes on the axle side and moves the track bar over 3/4 of an inch its a real beefy steel part

yes i understand that the part is not as good as an atb but for a measly 37.98 i had to try.......later ill get the atb would you happen to know the best one to get thanks for the input yall

what these guys are saying is that this isnt the correct way to fix your issue...

your issue requires a new trackbar (adjustable) most of which require a new frame side bracket...

check out TNT customs, RE, and Kevins Off Road...

we arent saying it wont work and fix your problem, it just isnt the right way...

this fix makes the angle steeper on your already (most likely) drag link end at the end of the track bar, limiting your droop and helping to distroy that joint at a faster rate, which will eventualy become real sloppy and make your heep SCARY to drive...

search for a thread called:

The Adjustable Trackbar Thread

i created it.

read through it and check it out - then call 4wheelparts or wherever you ordered your relocation bracket from, cancle your order, and thank me.

thank you for your advise i will look into those sites. which is better the balljoint type adustable tb or the one that bolts like the stock axle end trac bar hope i made that clear enough its like a bolt thru design on a new frame mount bracket you guys have helped me alot since i started coming here thanks

BoC said:
thank you for your advise.
I will look into those sites.
Which is better the balljoint type adustable tb or the one that bolts like the stock axle end trac bar.

I hope i made that clear enough.
I
ts like a bolt thru design on a new frame mount bracket.
You guys have helped me alot since i started coming here.
Thanks

PLEASE seperate scentences from one another - with a return if nothing less...

the trackbar that is mounted on both ends in a double shear setup with a through bolt rather than a single shear or Tie Rod End (TRE) or Drag Link En d(DRE) is much better...

The style that Rubicon Express (RE) and TNT Customs sell are the Track Bar (TB) frame side mounts that you want.

I Run a RRO (Rockey Road Outfitters) trackbar and hate it forever.
it allows the stock axle and frame mounts, but an adjustable Tie Rod End...

The TRE has gone out on me twice and i have only owned an XJ for one year, and only have had the front end lifted for 9 months.

good luck.

-Opie

XJ_ranger said:
I Run a RRO (Rockey Road Outfitters) trackbar and hate it forever.
it allows the stock axle and frame mounts, but an adjustable Tie Rod End...

The TRE has gone out on me twice and i have only owned an XJ for one year, and only have had the front end lifted for 9 months.

good luck.

-Opie

Ha, I have same RRO trac bar. Mine is already giving me clunks at hard braking and turns. Looks like I'll be getting a new TRE for it soon.

BoC said:
I finally recieved my tb relocation bracket and installed it granted my steering wheel is 90* off but ill get it lined up tomorrow the death wobble was real bad until i replaced the lcas then it got slight and now its gone 3in rustys kits should really come with the 29 dollar part from 4wd hardware

$29... thats a whole hell of alot cheaper than what I had to do to fix my death wobble. My bill was around 400. My trabar mount had come loose so I tightened that up with some special locktight/antiseeze stuff (looks like ti-prep). Then I had to buy a welder that ran abuot 360. Got home to find out that my grinder was broken too. 40 bucks for a new one. Go home grind off the rough stuff and weld it back up. No more death wobble.

I wish it was only 30 bucks though. Oh well. Now I have a welder.

I know the relocation brackets suck, I've experienced them loosening up on me and all... but has anyone bolted them in place and WELDED them in place.
This seems to be the way to go if you have your heart set on running one.

barillms said:
I know the relocation brackets suck, I've experienced them loosening up on me and all... but has anyone bolted them in place and WELDED them in place.
This seems to be the way to go if you have your heart set on running one.
If you have the ability to weld, then your probably not even looking at this as an option.................... :lecture:

Double Down said:
Just my two cents in this thread, but how do you know when you need a relocation bracket if you already have an adjustable trackbar? It's one of those that I have one, but never knew if I needed a bracket.

Thanks,

Chris
You don't, the point of the bracket is to move your stock trac bar over when it becomes to short for the amount of lift you have. If you already have an adjustable, you won't have this problem.

Back