• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want to run 33s

BoC

NAXJA Member #1266
currently i have 3" lift what else would i need to do short of getting more lift to run a 33 10.5 BFG at on my stock rims

BoC said:
currently i have 3" lift what else would i need to do short of getting more lift to run a 33 10.5 BFG at on my stock rims

Go with a two inch budget boost and maybe cut out the fenders a little bit and you should be fine. Might still have a rubbing issue though. A two inch bb usually comes with a coil spacer up front and shackles, AAL, or blocks for the rear. Try to stay away from the blocks in the rear..

Kim

You aren't dealing with JUST tire clearance and DL vibe issues. You also have your tranny and gears to consider. (BIG BUCKS when they die) You can run 33's BUT for HOW LONG before you cook your tranny or a diff??

Consider regearing BEFORE climbing up the bigger rubber ladder! 4.10 MINIMUM, 4.56 BETTER.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others have theirs.

I run 33s on ~3" of lift. It took a LOT of cutting and bumpstop...
It helps to cover up the cutting with some TJ flares or something else cause it's a lot of cutting to keep the tires away from the fenders.
I definitely agree with regearing - mine drives like a slug now, and the overdrive doesn't even kick in on the highway.

(stock 6cyl with auto tranny)

Back