• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE CA drop brackets-Am I having a brain fart?

Twistedimg

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my jeep on stands and ready to go gung ho and get the RE drop brackets in among many other small things and came to a problem. It appears I have 2 driver side brackets. Or am I having a brain fart?

dropbrackets01.jpg

Yes, those are both for the same side.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad they sent me 2 pass. side braces!!Good thing I went through Dirk at dpg off road........he had it fixed quick.
atleast i'm not the only one with bad luck.
note:re told me that I have to go through the vendor,which is what I did....I can't figure out why they would'nt send the right part directly to me?

Last edited:
jeepdeepfreak said:
Don't feel bad they sent me 2 pass. side braces!!Good thing I went through Dirk at dpg off road........he had it fixed quick.
atleast i'm not the only one with bad luck.
note:re told me that I have to go through the vendor,which is what I did....I can't figure out why they would'nt send the right part directly to me?

Do you still have an extra passenger side? I emailed the vendor I ordered from and hope they take care of it right away but if it looks as though I'm gonna be down for a while would you be willing to trade me brackets? I'll pay ya overnight shipping if you can get it to me ASAP. Or maybe if they get my order all taken care of and they let me keep the extra bracket we can have a complete set to put in the classifieds and we'll split the sale money.

jeepdeepfreak said:

Because RE didn't sell you the parts, Dirk did. As far as RE (or any mfg for that matter) is concerned, they sold the parts to Dirk, not to you, so Dirk (or whomever you bought the parts in question from) is the mfg's customer and therefore is the one to take care of any warranty issues or returns, even if the mfg is shipping everything directly to you.

Do you drive up to Toledo to have warranty work done on your Jeep? ;)

Jeepin Jason said:
Because RE didn't sell you the parts, Dirk did. As far as RE (or any mfg for that matter) is concerned, they sold the parts to Dirk, not to you, so Dirk (or whomever you bought the parts in question from) is the mfg's customer and therefore is the one to take care of any warranty issues or returns, even if the mfg is shipping everything directly to you.

Not always the case. I've had RE take care of customers directly when it's related to dropship. For that matter, other companies will ONLY deal with the customer on warranty/fit/tech issues. Eliminates the middleman and any miscommunication. many of these companies send out call tags for their own parts. ;)

Twistedimg said:
Do you still have an extra passenger side? I emailed the vendor I ordered from and hope they take care of it right away but if it looks as though I'm gonna be down for a while would you be willing to trade me brackets? I'll pay ya overnight shipping if you can get it to me ASAP. Or maybe if they get my order all taken care of and they let me keep the extra bracket we can have a complete set to put in the classifieds and we'll split the sale money.
I think you are looking for the drop bracket?I have the braces(2pass side for sale).

Jeepin Jason said:

Do you drive up to Toledo to have warranty work done on your Jeep? ;)
Do you drive up to Toledo to have warranty work done on your jeep?

I would if it was the only place that would do it right the first time.....

And it just keeps getting better. Got the replacement package the RE overnighted to me and instead of the drop bracket they sent me a boomerang bracket. Of course it showed up right after the vendor was closed so I couldn't get a hold of them to get it straightened out. Called RE direct and they say they are overnighting the correct part out to me. We'll see what actually shows up.

ECKSJAY said:
Not always the case. I've had RE take care of customers directly when it's related to dropship. For that matter, other companies will ONLY deal with the customer on warranty/fit/tech issues. Eliminates the middleman and any miscommunication. many of these companies send out call tags for their own parts. ;)

Yeah, RE is local to me, so they always helped me out, even though I went though a vendor in Virginia!
Billy

Back