• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slightly bent lower control arm....

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so I slightly bent my lower control arm mount on my fron axle.....hit a ditch pretty hard, and when i did, it made my axle want to shift to the driver side, therefore bent it about 1/8 of an inch....so now the lower control mount, when looking fron the front looks like this now: \=\---------I=I. It really is not huge, but do not know what i should do.....what are your thoughts???

BFH, and maybe a rod to direct some of the impact to exactly where you need it.

TIM

Order new heavy duty mount from RE or Rustys, cut off old mount, weld on new mount in same location as old mount before it bent.

AARON

GET THAT FIXED ASAP
get the HD ones and relace em

I bent mine slightly and thought it would be OK

once its bent over to the side it woill never be as strong
I tweaked mine a bit and everytime I wnet out it would fold over
I used a hammer and the welded supports and it just kept on folding and then tore off
the axle at one point

I sould have replaced it with the HD oned and been done with it but
NO i had to try and fix it and weld supports
what a waste of time

as you can tell Im still pissed about it 1.5 years later

Bent and ripped a control arm mount out in Moab a couple of years ago. Don't waste your time trying to bend the thin factory stuff back into shape, get a new set of mounts. AND...... fab your own, or get a pair of LCA skids (I like the ones from JKS MFG) to cover and reinforce the bottom of the bracket.

or if you want....
I have a good set of Lower Control arms I can sell ya cheap. shipping won't be bad either.

Just let me know if you want them,

Check the welds on the mounts. I bent BOTH of mine once, and they just looked bent, but at closer inspection, they were only being held on by one bead. I ended up replacing that axle because of a bent tube anyway, but I added skids to the lca mount, and an extra bead all the way around to maybe help it out some more.

Make them,and beef them up!
All the pics
fh000019.jpg

Back