• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

accident= time for new bumper

bac XJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i was stopped at a stop light and i got rear ended and the bumper was slightly dented and there are some pretty nice sized scrape marks so now its time to take the money i get and get a real bumper....question is, i want a plain bumper that flows with the car decently, d ring shackle mounts would be nice, budget is under $500 any suggestions? post pictures of your bumpers....thanks

Custom4x4fabrication.com - $345, includes rear quarter panel protection. They'll weld shackles or a receiver hitch in it for ~$70 IIRC. Also can add a tire carrier... it's tough as hell.
LIFTED_REAR2.JPG

DR

Last edited:
detours stuff is nice, a friend of mine is in a club with him in ct.

i have a rear bumper similar to his, but the tire is in the middle of the bumper and the ends follow the body style but don't go over the rear panels. i don't think it's one of detours, but my friend may of built it styled after one of his or it may be a older style of his, i'm unsure.

Last edited:
The Rigid bumper definitely looks better painted black. I keep waiting for pictures of their bumper for modified rear quarters but evidently it isn't ready yet.

one more for Rigid. Just got my front and rear this weekend.. they're being painted right now.

$500 will get you a rear bumper, class 3+ 2" reciever hitch, clevis mounts AND an adjustable spare carrier (you can move it from the center of the rear window to either side), rebuildable spindle, marine grade stainless steel hardware, hi-lift mount, gerry can holder, etc...

After recieving it this weekend.. this is DEFINITELY not a $500 bumper. I'd very easily put it in the same quality range as the BPI/PSC bumper.

including shipping, i paid under $900 for both bumpers (FbG and RbA) being shipped to Denver.

www.rigidco.com the site needs a LOT of updating.

lemme know if you want pics.. I'll snap some of any part you want.

I'm definitely interested in seeing pics of the rear bumper once you get it mounted. I haven't seen one with the tire carrier yet.

Terry sent me these prototype pics.

formatt said:
dj... dude... you live like 8 miles from me.. drag your lanky ass up here and look at it yourself. :laugh3:

oh yeah, please stop off and bring a sixer. ;)

you mean..............go outside.................. :helpme:

I'll have to stop by one of these days. But my rig is stock and seeing all the pretty lifted ones depresses me. I don't even know why I'm on this site. Oh and I'll see what I can do about the sixer, preference?

i was just at his shop two days ago spent some time hanging around talking to him.very nice guy willing to work with you on changing anything you need.i can say that the new rear bumper with the rear quarter protection is getting there.the one i saw him making was for people that have cut the rear panel and folded it under.

Bent said:
X4 for the C-rok. After looking at the pix above, I'm REALLY glad I went with the C-rok.

http://www.c-rok.com/Rearbumper.html

RD-Rear_lg.jpg

TIM

Thats hot, what size lift and tires are you running? I really like the looks of thos bumper on the white xj. Know this really sucks, i love this style while know i have to figure where to put the spare tire and hi lift and im not a huge fan on the roof rack.

Like the look of those tyres too. What brand and model are they and are they noisy on the black top? Wondering if they are quieter than the Goodyear MTR's?

Back