• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 - Best Lunchbox Locker?? Opinions Needed!!

willyb

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to decide what locker I'd go with for the 8.25. It currently has 3.55's and is a 29S. I do a good amount of street driving, and I'm looking for something that'll be streetable, but give good traction. And not cost as much as a ARB/Detroit...

Don't tell me to upgrade to a 8.8 (I already have disc's). And If I was to upgrade I'd go larger than that... I also want something that uses the stock carrier (Lunchbox). I'm not looking to setup the gears, or go with a new carrier (It'd get 4.56's and a Detroit if that were the case).

Let me know what ya have, if ya like it/dont' like it, and back it... Demanding aren't I... TIA

Will.

get a no slip, i have it in mine w/456's and love it. no downsides, very road friendly and great traction offroad. also only took about 40 minutes to install

thats about the only way to go. purchase an extra set of springs and keep them in your toolbox. rebuild the no-slip once a year with new springs. mine lasted for 4 years.

I have 79,000 miles on my NoSlip in the 8.25/29 with new springs at 60,000. Wonderful performance in the desert. Very seldom know it is there on pavement. Go with the NoSlip.

I agree with all of the above. JIM.

Sensing a pattern? No-Slip is a great lunchbox locker.

hey bro, the instructions that come with the locker are pretty comprehensive and simple to boot....mine is sitting on the counter waiting for install, wait a minute what the he II am i doing sitting here see ya guys...
Maier

J98cherokee said:
I agree...althought ive only ordered mine haha. Its on its way...any good write ups on install??

Carolina Rock shop install=100$... :|
dont pay for it, if you've changed gear oil you can install this thing. just follow the instructions and if you get hung up come and ask us here. just makre sure you line it up right and use the little spacer to check the distances, you'll know what i mean when you get it...

Another vote for the no slip. I have detroits now, but I was going to go dual no-slips in my new axles. Install is pretty easy once you play around with the parts and look at the instructions. I can install one into an open carrier in about 15 mins now.

Quick question, may be dumb, but oh well: Is a no-slip a locker or limited slip, or how does it work?

its a locker, and a damn good one from what you can see.

What is the actual name and manufacturer of the no slip? or am I dumb and NoSlip IS the name. :dunno:

and yes no slip is the name

Back