• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj lift question

xjcherokeeguy_06

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 96 Cherokee Classic and I want the thing to stand taller and have bigger tires. I currently have a 1.5in coil spacer and shackle kit with 30x9.5in tires and I’ve been looking get ether a 3.5in or 4.5in lift kit (not sure what company yet) with 31x10.5in tires or 32x11.5in tires.

I’m worried that I will run into too much trouble with the 4.5in lift with the current 1.5in lift, like vibrations with the driveshaft or other problems, which is why I’m also considering the 3.5in lift (but I would rather have the 4.5in because I do take it off-road).

I would like to know what may go wrong and what I would need to buy if i go with the 4.5in lift with the 1.5in of lift, and also if 32x11.5in tires would cause too much trouble with rubbing.

I would also like to know what, if any, problems would occur with the 3.5in lift and if it would be the better choice.

Thanks.

Well,my advice is to do it right the first time.this will save you money.

Get a 4.5 lift kit.You may find a used one on the for sale page.

you will need,a longer driveshaft in the rear,longer brakelines in the front and rear,adjustable track bar,and on and on.

The reason you need to do the research is that there are so many things to figure,that it is impossible to answer your question fully.

Go to an off road website dealer page,like rustys off road,or others. there should be a links page here somewhere.

read about all the stuff they have,and what it does.

Then decide what your jeep is going to be.

Prepare to spend a lot of bucks for anything over 3"

But if you do only three,you will soon want five.

Read all you can about lifting xj's. I hope this helps. :repair:

sarbuck said:
Well,my advice is to do it right the first time.this will save you money.

The reason you need to do the research is that there are so many things to figure,that it is impossible to answer your question fully.

decide what your jeep is going to be.

Prepare to spend a lot of bucks for anything over 3"

But if you do only three,you will soon want five.

Read all you can about lifting xj's. I hope this helps. :repair:

X2 and then some i started with needing 3" now i am at 7 and working on a long arm setup

Troy

To run 32" tires I would get the 4-1/2" lift kit and put the coil spacers and extended shackles in a box on the floor of the garage. Don't go any higher than you need to go.

Exactly.Eagle you rule.

Btw,I'm going to send you a pm. :wave:

Back