• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which wheels/tires do you think?

Efaray

NAXJA Forum User
Hi fellow XJ'ers!

I have a 2000 XJ Limited that I will be installing a 3.5" RE Super Ride Lift on shortly (probably this weekend if weather and delivery permit). I want to run 31" BFGAT's. I'm looking for information/suggestions on a wheel/tire combination based upon rubbing, etc.

Here's my options as I see them...

Buy new wheels and 31"x10.5R15's. What would a suggested backspacing be? I' don't want to worry about rubbing. I was thinking about a set of the black steel wheels for contrast, as my XJ is ALL gray/silver (ALL because of Limited edition flares/bumpers/etc.).

- OR -

Keep my 16" alloy rims (currently have stock P225/70R16's) and then buy the 31" BFGAT equivalents to fit on said 16" rim. These wheels look pretty good too, so I wouldn't mind staying with them (plus it'll save me a few clams). Will these rub too much if I slap 31" tires on? Anyone know the backspacing on these stock rims?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance! I'll post pics when it's done!

Frank

2000 XJ
1995 YJ

I personnally like the black wheels go with 4 to 4.5 inch backspacing and you should be fine.

black wheels, 4.5 inch backspacing.. I have the AT's Wish i would have gotten the trxus when i put my lift on since they run a little better offroad

I just put the 3.5" RE super flex on my '00 and I bought a set of the Jeep Rubicon Moab wheels with 245/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's. I have been getting a lot people giving me a thumbs up with this combination.

Back