• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best invention ever?

pbandj

NAXJA Forum User
my vote is for the ball joint press, I just spent a little over 2 hours doing the drivers side upper and lower ball joints and it was such a piece of cake :sunshine:
I highly recommend getting one....
BTW I do not have the cheapo harbor freight one- mine was $150 cdn (well worth it- especially if you compare $400+ USD for a shop replacing them once) and I won't vouch for the cheapos but I will offer a link to a more qualified opinion- -
http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/ARadjustableBallJoints/images/Ball_025sm_NO.jpg

just did this rented one from Pap Boys Freakin A awesome tool, broke the last POS from Autozone when I did my e150 van

Sorry, my vote is going to the Craftsman 12" Standard balde screwdriver. I took a broken wrench in several years ago and the salesgeek totally ignored me while he tried to sell a multitool to a MILF. (In retrospect, I don't blame him). After waiting and noticing that there was NOBODY else around to help me, I sidled over so I could overhear...and picked up the big screwdriver. As he left to go "check inventory" I pointed out that with this screwdriver, she could:
Stir paint
Stake down a tent
Chisel anything
Use it to flip steaks
Etch a line in metal
Start a car
Play catch with the kids
Use it as a prybar
Screw screws
Use it as a doorstop
...and the list went on. I finished talking as he walked up and added, "the best part is that if you break it, he'll replace it with no questions asked." That's when I held up the busted wrench. He wasn't thrilled about that and was even less happy when she thanked me and walked off...but I got a new wrench. :D

If you have been a bit quicker you might have gotten a new wench too :D

Yucca-Man said:
Sorry, my vote is going to the Craftsman 12" Standard balde screwdriver. I took a broken wrench in several years ago and the salesgeek totally ignored me while he tried to sell a multitool to a MILF. (In retrospect, I don't blame him). After waiting and noticing that there was NOBODY else around to help me, I sidled over so I could overhear...and picked up the big screwdriver. As he left to go "check inventory" I pointed out that with this screwdriver, she could:
Stir paint
Stake down a tent
Chisel anything
Use it to flip steaks
Etch a line in metal
Start a car
Play catch with the kids
Use it as a prybar
Screw screws
Use it as a doorstop
...and the list went on. I finished talking as he walked up and added, "the best part is that if you break it, he'll replace it with no questions asked." That's when I held up the busted wrench. He wasn't thrilled about that and was even less happy when she thanked me and walked off...but I got a new wrench. :D

Play catch with the kids?!! I hope cps isn't monitoring this site.... mostly for our sake though- you're way too helpful

What can I say? :shrug: - it builds their reaction times, or weeds out the slower ones. :laugh3:

Back