• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nc4x4 has come to its end?

avsno2000

NAXJA Forum User
:rattle:
This was a good site for fellow NC wheelers, but I guess a few people decided to threaten some of the guys that were running the board. That was just taking it to far. To all the guys that ran the board Thanks Guys it was a good board.

And to the few that has shut this board down, I hope you got what you wanted now where will you go !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I wish they would threaten me instead of them. Mike was just tring to run a info board.

Sad to see it go. E-fighting got out of hand. We will have a board up in the next few weeks for NC wheelers, it will be more the "pirate" type set up though (not my idea). There will be a wealth of info from people with more of a "hardcore" wheeling background, the downside is it probably won't be to "newbi" or "trailriding only" friendly. If you post up a pic of your full size chevy flexed up on a log you'll probably get flamed, but hey it'll be something. It's a shame the other board shut down, but even it seemed to have special privillages to some , but not others, I'm sure that sort of thing happens and will continue to happen on other boards. Anyway, shame its gone. I'll post up a web address to another when it's up and running if anyone is interested. Greg

I'm guessing my build is gone from the old server then. There was a few things that i liked about that thread. I've also got one on pirate, but I enjoyed discussing it with people I'd eventualy be wheeling with.

BIGWOODY said:
I'll post up a web address to another when it's up and running if anyone is interested. Greg
Please do let us know about it.

it really pissed me off because if you will look at the site it says the last registered user was chase ...and thats me...i had just gotten in the day before and i was the last one to get on before it went out...hah

"There will be a wealth of info from people with more of a "hardcore" wheeling background, the downside is it probably won't be to "newbi" or "trailriding only" friendly. If you post up a pic of your full size chevy flexed up on a log you'll probably get flamed, but hey it'll be something." -Bigwoody

thats what was wrong with nc4x4. Everyone thought they were the most bad ass hardcore wheeler ever, and apperently becuase they had went to uwharrie once or twice they had the right to talk junk to everyone that had IFS or did a poser shot or anything. I agree that you don't need to come on there saying your IFS chevy 1500 is the most hardcore wheeler ever, but nebies dont need to get flamed cause they just got new tires and wanta show off. Everyone has to start somewere and we need to remember that.

Yup,
Happens all the time though.
Saw the same thing in a club I was a member of down in South Florida. A new guy with a stock Jeep would join and the self appointed "Jeep Gods" would criticize him and his rig until the guy left.

I know and the worst part is the people that did the most flaming lived in like Wilmington and all had the standard Dady bought YJ on 33's.

As I said, not my idea on the "hardcore only thing" . we discussed it and there will be a newbi section. The biggest problem I had with NC4x4 was everyone wanting to chime in with their opinion of what set up works or what parts are the strongest and it was basically a bunch of info. regurgitated from something they had read on the internet. If I ask a question , I'd like to know from people who actually get up off their ass and go wheeling more than 3 times a year. There is no substitute for experience in trying different mods out and wheeling under different conditions. I started a thread on there of "how often do you actually go wheeling" The answers from the "4x4 gods" of that board were pathetic at best, basically they went a few times a year. I don't claim to be any sort of know it all, but I do go wheeling at least twice a month to places other than Uwharrie. If I give advice its from something I have tried and it did or didn't work, not a bunch of crap I hijacked of the net.That being said I also understand moderators need to keep discussions stimulated to generate info, but again, I can search and read on Pirate or Naxja myself. I don't need people to spout off what they read, I want "real world" advice from people.....END OF RANT...I do hope they bring the board back, it was helpful to people just getting involved and I met some good people to ride with. Plus, damn donated to them :laugh3:

BW, what is really your opinion on this?

BIGWOODY said:
The biggest problem I had with NC4x4 was everyone wanting to chime in with their opinion of what set up works or what parts are the strongest and it was basically a bunch of info. regurgitated from something they had read on the internet. If I ask a question , I'd like to know from people who actually get up off their ass and go wheeling more than 3 times a year. There is no substitute for experience in trying different mods out and wheeling under different conditions.

Very well put....

I would agree with all of the above..

Back