• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender pinch seam

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i am running 4" lift on my 94 and 31" tires. i want to stuff them better. what can i do to bend or modify the pince seams in the ferder wells so they dont rub on my tires. but i do not want to sawzall anything too much b/c i want to keep my stock flares.

You shouldnt be rubbing anywhere with that combo unless you have to little backspace!

i am running the tj canyon 15x8 wheels with kelly safari awr tires in 31x10.50. last tiem i tried to stff the tires teh very outside treads got a slight line where the pinch seam was rubbing. i removed the plastic that was there b/c it was almost all broken off so i took it off all the way.

can i bend it over with a hammer and possibly reweld it in that position and relocate my flares up a little?

here is a pic of it:
mynew31s.jpg

I'm assuming you're talking about the seem in the front fender wells. Take a BFH and hammer them over. If you hammer them to the outside you can use them as a lip to remount some type of fender liner.

I cut mine every 4" then neatly folded them over to the inside where they lay nice and flat the tack welded each cut to the inner fender, maybe overkill but looks nice and neveer a rub there...everywhere else but not there

xtrememtbiker85 said:
i am running 4" lift on my 94 and 31" tires. i want to stuff them better. what can i do to bend or modify the pince seams in the ferder wells so they dont rub on my tires. but i do not want to sawzall anything too much b/c i want to keep my stock flares.

I got tire cuts & rubed with the set-up I have until I remounted my flares. This was not my idea, but I took a few picts and did a short write up here.
http://www.geocities.com/tsgolo60/tsgolo_flares.html
Image67.jpg

Basically all I did was eliminate the stock mounting system and use screws through the perimeter of the flares to hold them one. This allowed me to cut out well over 1" of sheet metal, and I could'a cut out more, I just didn't want to reweld the seam. HTH.

Back