• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want new steering system

90txXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i would like to get a new steering system either make one or buy. i would like one that has the drag link pretty paralell with the track bar.

90txXJ said:
i would like to get a new steering system either make one or buy. i would like one that has the drag link pretty paralell with the track bar.

drag link / trackbar relationship is determined by:
Length of track bar
drop height of frame side mount
using factory axle trackbar mount location or over the axle mount
drop pitman arm
height of steering knuckle

that being said - my drag link and track bar are parallel with a Currie steering system and factory track bar mount locations as well as an adjustable trackbar from RRO

here is a link for my steering system - Currie's drop in HD steering...

http://www.opiebennett.com/curriesteering.htm

If you've got a 5" or bigger lift, check out this vendor:

WWW.Phatjeeps.com

Go to the link about axles and then look for the "Canyon Climber" steering system.

I love this product!

Not to hijack the tread but would that Canyon Climber work with only 3" of lift?

hoytinak said:
Not to hijack the tread but would that Canyon Climber work with only 3" of lift?

Yes it would, the kit is more or less custom. If you are a CO local he prefers that you have your rig there so he can take a direct measurment. But he obviously sells out of state. So I am sure if you cantacted him he would let you know how he wants you to measure.......... :lecture:

Back