• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ control arm drop brackets worth the money?

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. Are control arm drop brackets (RE9900+RE9905) really worth the $350?? My daily driver that doesn't see much mud anymore ('90 XJ 4.0 auto) previously sported a complete Rough Country 4.5" kit that came with coils and fixed lower control arms. After a while of getting beat to death I changed the coils to RE 4.5" and shocks to skyjacker nitros thinking this would solve my problems...nope. I do understand that a lifted vechicle is not going to ride the same as stock. So the question is will the brackets smooth out my ride or does anyone have any other recommendations???
Thanks blaise

Are the fixed lower control arms still on the Jeep? The drop brackets will help the ride if the control arms are on an angle rather than being closer to parallel to the ground. I run the Trailmaster drop brackets on mine, I believe they might be cheaper check them out, the only problem is you can get the reinforcments for them.

I am running the Re DB on my MJ. I am really pleased with their performance, and the way they ride. Keep in mind I am running rusty's 6.5 coils and a SOA swap in the rear of my MJ. I am also running Stock uppers and lowers. Will they help smooth your ride out... I am not sure. That will depend on what kinda shocks and how youor rear lift was achieved.

Patrick

The Rough Country lower control arms are still installed. They are made of large diameter tubing which has a bend on the axle side. The end that is bolted to frame comes down at a steep angle and then bends to connect to the axle. The axle end is fairly level (aproximately 3-4").

what matters is the angle between the mounting holes(frame and axle end) in relation to the ground. a quick search should reveal their a good investment. btw where is westlake

One thing you might want to consider first would be a good set of controls arms.The small diameter poly bushings ride and flex horribly!If your "actual" lift is 4.5" or less your control arm angles shouldnt be to bad!

Back