• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which rock rails....

pm1

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the market for rock rails. Which are best. The ones that form to the bottom of the body or the ones that bolt on to the frame rail and stick out a couple of inches.

i prefer the ones that stick out a bit so not only do the protect the rocker, they can also be used as a pivot point around a rock or a tree

I would go with the jks super nerfs. You can drop kick those things and they won't even jiggle. Great for landing on, pivoting, and as a small step if you need it.

I have Rigidco rails on order. Knowing how Terry designs and builds his stuff they are sure to be tuff. They are differenet then the ones on the web site as they have had some plating added to suposedly prevent hang ups. At only $190(unfinished) when I ordered them they are a steal. I haven't heard of many others running them on this forum but figured i'd give them a try.

im making my own rails out of 3/16 wall 4x4 steel stock. They're going to connect to the rails like detours as well as bolt to the pinch seam and be welded along the top. Make your own to fit your specific wants and needs

I like the Detours with the frame stiffner, they're a little more money, but well worth what you get, two items in one!

Poor Man's 4x4 Fabrication Rails...$125....they are an awesome deal

There is a photo of C4x4 being put to the test in the Sierra Chapters Hollister Hills thread. I like my ORGS super nerfs, but the photo's that sidriptide posted a few nights ago from detourusa in mod tech looked pretty stout and I would give them a look if I was to have it to do all over again.
Tom

jeepcherokee95 said:
Go forth and browse!
x2

88XJScott said:
Poor Man's 4x4 Fabrication Rails...$125....they are an awesome deal
neverheard of or seen
cant find poor mans 4x4 on google

got a link?

For the love of god use the freakin search function.

A couple I'd stay away from...
Olympic4X4...
picture.JPG

C4X4...
picture.JPG

I recommend JKS Supernerfs as a good bolt-on option.

Back