• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC/Heater Blower problems

JVRacer04

NAXJA Forum User
my blower isnt working...

just put my motor back in(2 weeks ago), Jeep was sitting for 3 months

i ran direct power to the blower... fired right up, so am i missing some fuse or relay?

25amp fuse under the dash is good

my aux fan doesnt work either (when reaching temp beyond 230) but same for that... hooked direct powert to it, worked just fine

what are some areas to point me in guys? its fkn cold i need my heater

(1989 4.0L)

Does it work when the fan is on High? If so, it's the resistor pack for the switch, and not the fan at all

JVRacer04 said:
my aux fan doesnt work either (when reaching temp beyond 230) but same for that... hooked direct powert to it, worked just fine

(1989 4.0L)

when my aux fan didn't work there is in my rig (91) a Fuse in the Power box under the right side of the hood that had a realy for the Aux Fan. Replaced it and it worked alright.

Yucca-Man said:
Does it work when the fan is on High? If so, it's the resistor pack for the switch, and not the fan at all

I have this problem the fan only works on high ? Is it the blower relay ? Whats the resistor pack?

I've got the same problem with my blower motor. Stopped working on me last weekend while I was driving down a 12 mile washboard road. Resistor looks just fine, fuse is good, all connections are good. Kinda at a loss. Its an 88 by the way. 4.0 auto, no AC

Last edited:
tjs88xj said:

I have a 87 XJ and the Thermal Fuse in it was a 152'C When I went to Radio Shack they had 3 in stock the 128'C, a 144'C and a 178'C. I got the 144'C Thermal Fuse part number 270-1320 since it was the closest to the 152'C my heep came with. Price was only 1.49 It's rated at 10A, now to see if it worked. OH a side note I read this after the fact. Place a heat sink clip on the line before you soder it so the heat doesn't blow the fuse.

ChipsXJ said:
so it was the resistor pack?
its a set of resesitors with different resistances that allow yow you to control the fan speed its has 3 resistors ( coils) for LOW MEDLOW MED and the HIGH mode doesnt need a resistor + a thermal fuse.

Turns out it is either the wiring/connector on the back of the heater control panel or the control panel itself.

I disconnected the connector and reconnected it and it worked but was a little flakey if I wiggled it.

Bottom line is that it will need to replaced later...but works now.

Back