• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going from 5.5 to 7.5 of lift

canadian-xj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering what parts i need? I have a 5.5 re extreme duty kit on my xj with the hd track bar. I purchased the 7.5 coils with adjustable upper and lower ca. Also picked up a chromoly tie rod since mine was bent. Will i need to relocate the track bar or will i be fine? I have the ajdustable one in there right now. Also looking for some better shocks than the crappy trail masters are in there right now. just going to chuck 1.5 blocks in the rear to match the fronts. Will i need even longer brake lines as well. Sorry for the long winded post. THanks, Marco.

I would think you will need to do some ajusting. You will need to extend the brake lines for sure if you have not done it when you went to 5.5. Didn't the 5.5 kit come with the trac bar drop bracket? if you did not get that you may want to invest in one.

Let us klnow how much lift you get out of those 7.5's. Very cuirious

I bought the cherokee with the lift installed already. It already has longer brake lines, just wondering if i would need even longer. I am sure that it has the drop bracket on trac bar seeing as it is the hd version. Just worried that i wont be able to center the axle/ not enough thread engagment.

The RE HD trackbar bracket does not drop the trackbar. What size tires are you wanting to run? I had 37" MT/R's under my RE 5.5" kit. 7.5" would work ok with full width axles and 38.5" tires or bigger, otherwise, you'll fall over on the trail, unless it is just for posing at the mall.

well my 33's rub like crazy on the back with trimming. Wanting to go with some 35-14.50. I would go with crazy fender trimming but i like my sheetmetal too much right now. What works for u might not work for everyone else.

I have a writeup on my website on fender trimming that could help you out. It doesn't take reconstructive surgery to make it look or work good, and whether you have 5" or 8" of lift, if you are rubbing 33's now, 35's aren't going to be any better with 7.5" of lift. Might consider trimming a little more and properly adjusting your bumpstops. I have a writeup on bumpstops on my site as well. If you want 7.5" of lift, no big deal, go for it, but it isn't going to help with the size tires you want to run without trimming and bumpstopping.

Back