• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick speaker wiring question

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
can anyone tell me how the front tweeters in the jensen setup for 89 limited are wired in.....i searched but foudn nothing..i am rewiring the deck right now cause i gots one for xMAS and after i went to put it in..the deck that was in there man o man the wiring is all spliced and jacked up..im talking like 3 splices in like a 6 inch span..and its done with electrical tape..sheeze....so now i am trying to figure out how the tweeters are tied in cause i got new speakers for the doors and i am putting them in with new wiring also..thanks..

chet.
:us: :us:

I also have an '89. The tweeters are just hooked up with a connector - about four inches from the tweeters. If you want to bypass the tweeters just disconnect them. They can stay in there...that's what I did.

yeah i climbed up under there again and looked...i guess a better question to ask would be.....does that connecter just basically splice into the front speaker wires?......ya know...kinda like a Y type deal..
thanks again..

later

:us: :us:

Yes it just splices into the front speaker wire. Disconnect the factory tweeters and run full speakers with tweeters from the door if you like. No need to jump wires or connectors if factory tweeters are disconnected.

Sorry I should have beem more descriptive with my first answer as I knew what you were asking. 8-ƒ

Last edited:
Back