• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 and wheel spacers...yes or no?

trailxj

NAXJA Forum User
starting to put my 8.8 under the jeep. Starting to think about wheel spacers.

for those that have done the swap did you use them? if so what size?

Im running 35x12.50 mtrs on 15x8's with 4.5in backspacing. On the 8.25 the tires were about 1.5 inches from the leafs so I'm most likely going to need them with 8.8.

i didnt, just ran wheels with 3.5 bs, and theres lots of room, i personally like it the narrower rear axle tracks a lil better

I think its going to be real close. I was running an 8" rim with 34x10.5 and 4" backspacing and the tires were within and inch of the springs, and I also had to chop off the ends of the rear stabilizer bar so they wounld'nt rub.

when i put my axle under my rig my stock rim with 31x10.5 would rub on the springs but with my 3.75BS and 33X13.5 swampers they have plenty of room. i also can't even tell that it's shorter by looks. if your real anal buy spacers that way your bs on all your rims stays the same for a spare

Back