• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering parts for Old_Man's DIY SYE

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you said you had problems ordering parts for the cheap SYE I designed. I just ordered two sets with absolutely no problems.

I called Currie Enterprises at 1-714-528-5957 and said I need to order some replacement parts for the CE9069 SYE for a YJ231. Ask for a companion flange, and seal. It will run you about $52 + shipping. I just put it on my card.

http://www.4x4getaways.com/oldmansye.htm

I'l lsecond that. No problems whatsoever when I ordered and the Old_Man SYE has been awesome...just remember to order the freakin snapring from the dealer ahead of time!

Fergie

Old Man -- I'm looking at helping a buddy to this with his YJ, using late model XJ parts from my 99 (I already did my SYE before you developed this cool remedy...). Question is, my buddy's rig is a daily driver, and we would like to get it done mui pronto. Do you have a measurement for how much you cut off the output shaft? Since I have a spare for him, we would like to cut it in advance...

thanks,

CC

Sorry, I just eyeballed it. That's what you get from a tool and die maker:laugh3:

Actually you can measure it once you get the flange. Just slide a bearing on and the flange before you put it all together and you can mark it.

Thanks Tom -- anyone else measure?

xj-grin said:
Thanks Tom -- anyone else measure?

I believe you cut so 1" of usable spline is left remaining.

Anyone else?

Tom,

My buddy just tried to order from currie, and was advised that they have been instructed to "no longer split up the kit". he did not let on that he was doning anything but replacing parts in a previously purchased kit, but still no go...

Thought I'd post as an FYI, but also -- if you have spares of the seal and companion flange, PM me and I'd like to take em off your hands.
thanks,

cc

xj-grin said:
Tom,

My buddy just tried to order from currie, and was advised that they have been instructed to "no longer split up the kit". he did not let on that he was doning anything but replacing parts in a previously purchased kit, but still no go...

Thought I'd post as an FYI, but also -- if you have spares of the seal and companion flange, PM me and I'd like to take em off your hands.
thanks,

cc

That blows....I was saving coin to rob from my kids piggy bank. Oh and before you try to bash me, he's only 2 and wouldn't notice. :)

Once the ones I ordered come in, I will see about ordering a few more. I ordered one extra, but it is spoken for.

I'm still trying to get the time to setup up a manufacturer for a better solution.

old_man said:
Once the ones I ordered come in, I will see about ordering a few more. I ordered one extra, but it is spoken for.

I'm still trying to get the time to setup up a manufacturer for a better solution.

:worship:

red91inWA said:
:worship:

What he said -- thanks for all your help here...

I havnet had a problem getting mine. If I can get one, I'll sell it for what I bought it for.

I'll let you know if I order it.

Fergie

If you had gone to the website that has the writeup you would have found the specs. You will also find that there isn't a Spicer flange that fits the specs.

Thats a shame :(
I'm not after one but thought there might have been one in that list that may have helped you guys.

Help is never turned down, nor are good intentions. What I am looking for is a yoke for an 8.25 to look at. Someone told me it might have matching splines. If so, I might be able to work something up. The longterm goal is to find a yoke that can be adapted, instead of a flange. That way you could use the same driveshaft front and rear.

Do you know the length differences that would be between a 8.25 and a D35 driveshaft?
It's just I have a XJ here from someone that has the RE1801 hack and tap on a 95 242 already installed and what to use a front shaft for it. I will need the companion yoke 211229X that you quote but I take it I might have to lenghten it because he has a D35 rear?

Back