• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention: All You Undecided Voters

Why should we believe 1/2 of what either side says? ALL politicians lie and slant the truth. Every damn one spins it to their benefit.

Sarge

Sarge said:
Why should we believe 1/2 of what either side says? ALL politicians lie and slant the truth. Every damn one spins it to their benefit.

Sarge
Too true. The important thing is to vote, regardless of who.... choose the least objectionable canditate and vote.

Glenn said:
Too true. The important thing is to vote, regardless of who.... choose the least objectionable canditate and vote.

IMHO it's foolish to vote for the lesser evil. The foolish vote is the one that is 'wasted' on a candidate you 'settled' for. ;) Don't like the candidates and can't think of a suitable write-in? Don't vote! It's yours to use or not to use...all I ask is that you at least educate yourself enough to make that decision.

Mouse/Duck '04, Disney Party

Lou said:
Glenn ? ..... Is that really you?
Yup. I am a Bush supporter, but I feel everybody should excersize their right to vote..... even if they vote for that other guy. Just vote. :us:

Now, if we could just get Florida to get it together.......
Glenn

Probably not going to have a clear cut victory this year tho. Lawyers for both sides are gearing up to challenge ANY close state. The court having to step in last year ensured that. Considering how few points separate the two major parties now, you can almost bank on it happening.

Sarge

Yup. It will likely be long and drawn out, and in court again. No matter who wins, there will be accusations about somebody stealing the election, etc....

Oh well.... not much to do now but vote and watch the upcoming circus. :rattle:
Sarge said:
Probably not going to have a clear cut victory this year tho. Lawyers for both sides are gearing up to challenge ANY close state. The court having to step in last year ensured that. Considering how few points separate the two major parties now, you can almost bank on it happening.

Sarge

personally im sick of the left and right wing bombshell throwing- the media that is a complete mirror image when viewed as a comparison to whats on tv and whats on the radio/ internet-

ECKSJAY said:
IMHO it's foolish to vote for the lesser evil. The foolish vote is the one that is 'wasted' on a candidate you 'settled' for. ;) Don't like the candidates and can't think of a suitable write-in? Don't vote! It's yours to use or not to use...all I ask is that you at least educate yourself enough to make that decision.

Mouse/Duck '04, Disney Party

This is the truth. Why vote for the wrong reason? I am a strong supporter of Nader. But if you don't know the differance, don't take away a vote of some one who does. This is the best post I have ever seen here, very smart.

P.S. How can anyone vote for bush being a member of NAXJA? He alone is resonsable for taking away more public wheeling land than anyone in history. IF you don't belive me look up the facts. I don't dislike repulicans, just every thing they do.

Last edited:
Good intentions aside, I'm not sure betting on a horse that's not even in the race makes much sense.

"least objectionable" bears merit . . .

XJZ said:
Junkxy:

That explains why the Sierra Club and the other greenie groups back Bush.

Thanks for the heads-up. :rolleyes:

I will never say I know more about anything than any one out there, but!
If the Sierra club backs bush, than you should also? Sounds like a short cut to thinking to me. I don't care what club supports bush, I have seen the results of bush's actions. I don't mean to sound like a crazy liberal that can spout every fault in the current goverment, but I just don't see how the sierra club's backing of bush makes closing public land ok. Disagree if need be,but know why!

junkxj said:
I will never say I know more about anything than any one out there, but!
If the Sierra club backs bush, than you should also? Sounds like a short cut to thinking to me. I don't care what club supports bush, I have seen the results of bush's actions. I don't mean to sound like a crazy liberal that can spout every fault in the current goverment, but I just don't see how the sierra club's backing of bush makes closing public land ok. Disagree if need be,but know why!

:D !!!!

Lou said:
Good intentions aside, I'm not sure betting on a horse that's not even in the race makes much sense.

"least objectionable" bears merit . . .

Just because Nader has no chance of winning does not makes him not worth listening too.If money was no object in the race, Nader would be a much more fesable option. Please vote for who is the right leader for this nation, not who is more likely to win!

junkxj said:
Just because Nader has no chance of winning does not makes him not worth listening too.If money was no object in the race, Nader would be a much more fesable option. Please vote for who is the right leader for this nation, not who is more likely to win!

Wait I thought we're suppose to vote for the guy that spends the most money.

You know giving us something to watch simply stating the other side doesn’t want it to be viewed wont sway many people, HOPEFULLY we are all smart people. One reason could be because the so called facts are half truths or lies all together. Secondly the side that claims the other side is hiding something is in fact hiding something as well. Now I don’t know what bush is hiding/doesn’t want us to see, but there is stuff out there. Could someone please put in a link about this.

You know I don’t think I'll vote for a man who sat in an elementary school for 7 minutes after being told of the second plane hitting, and thought it was a good idea to pick up a children’s book and read it while sitting there. Or who told us al quide (yeah I don’t know how to spell or could really care less) and Iraq were some how involved. And where are the WMDs?? Oh but look 350 tons of explosives just disappeared. And a man who said he could care less where Osama is, and didn’t put Special Forces on the ground until 4 months after 9/11 to hunt osama. Or were our tax payer money helps the military to pay the soldiers to protect oil workers, not a bad thing, but why are we paying so the oil companies can make money off of us? Or the worst a man who didn’t want the recount in Florida to take place. Don’t you think that is just a little odd. Even if you were the winner but you know that not everyone’s voice was heard wouldn’t you say "No, lets do the recount." Instead of "I win," but then again both sides did this.

What’s up with this idea of "lets vote for the guy who has the best chance of winning/lesser of 2 evils." That’s a bad idea, why must we think this way? Isn’t odd there are only 2 kinds of people representing us the American people, the republican and democrats.

Yesterday I heard a speech from bush saying democrats don’t even recognize their party anymore. Could it maybe be because the republicans and democrats are beginning to appear more alike then 2 separate identities?

This is going to be fun watching all the people who "slightly" disagree with what I just said.

What’s up with this idea of "lets vote for the guy who has the best chance of winning/lesser of 2 evils." That’s a bad idea, why must we think this way? Isn’t odd there are only 2 kinds of people representing us the American people, the republican and democrats.

That Is why I say Nader.

XJZ said:
If all the obvious reasons to vote Bush aren't enough for you and your family
Oh, please could you enligthen the rest of us. Obvious reasons? I have not seen one at all, I've seen numerous and very obvious reaons to not vote for him. The one that really stands out would be not meeting with the 9/11 commsion, if you want to call thier little get together a meeting then why wasnt it in public for us all to see? Then afterwards steping out and talking to the press of about this so called meeting and calling them the "911 commision" 911 as in the number you call when something is very wrong or like the porsche. He didnt pronounce it like the date.
I am very confused by what your saying here, could you please explain yourself.

Back