• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what have you raced?

besides puttin the everyday ricers to shame (I have lost count) the best one so far was when I raced a 5.0 stang from a red light- I was ahead bout 4 Jeep lenghts- at least till till 70 mph when I had to go to 3rd- then he was gone

one time at work on our lunch brake i raced my friends VW through some orchards. i won in my xj but i almost rolled, smacked the side of a tree and last i checked the owner was still spraying chemicals for all the mites the dust caused.....but i still one

many many rice rockets AND I FU*KING LOVE BEATING THEM! especially when its some homey or wanna be homey,then i rub it in their face. And i give myself an extra pat on the back and extra laugh at them when their dumbass car is decorated with a ridiculously big useless spoiler that resembles one of the high school bleachers i used to get drunk, h*gh and laid on. Of course.....here on long island we have plenty of these losers to go around.

Some kid in my Army unit had a Corrado. He loved to trash talk my XJ so he challenged me. I picked the track.

Fact: Corrados get stuck in sand out in West Texas pretty easily.

:)

BajaXJ92 said:
I raced an old woman in a motorized cart while I was in 4lo.
I think bocaj is talking about races that you won. :doh:

I think I've beaten almost every car and truck in Tyler. Except for the various porsche's, the skyline, the supped up Evo, and the two Supra TT's. Everything else doesn't have a change. The cops even recognize my Jeep because no matter how hard they try, the most they can pull me over for is driving with my PIAA lights on. (I like to pass cops on the road just to **** them off).

I raced a beefed up Grand National at the 1/4 track. that thing gave me a 3 sec head start, and whuped my arse. that thing ran a 11 run. compared to my 16.6... eh, its all good

i try to race everythin around but theres alot of rich ppl around here. dont think ill even challenge the ferraris. i beat an old ford had my speedometer strait down to do it

i guess my XJ is the odd-ball slow one in the crowd huh?? some pretty big bench-racing goin on here... lets see time slips from legitimate closed course facilities.. and we're not talking handicap bracket racing here.. strictly heads-up on a "pro tree".. RSALEMI runs a stroked 4.6L in an MJ up here at the track.... thats impressive...
XJs are quick off the line.. but not that quick... beating tired 5.oL mustangs got old in the 80s guys... and JCwhitney guage panels and coffee tables on the rear deck do not a racecar make...

An old Ford ? ... must have been that '67 Ford GT40 on a trailer. Right ?

Don't think you'll challenge a Ferrari anytime soon ? Why not ... there not quite as fast as those old Fords you've been dusting --- especially when they're sitting in the garage.

Is this a bench racers convention or what ...

bocaj said:
i try to race everythin around but theres alot of rich ppl around here. dont think ill even challenge the ferraris. i beat an old ford had my speedometer strait down to do it

the old ford i was refering to was a 69 f250 with a 390 an edel brock carb and k&n air filter. im not this up and im not stupid enough to challenge a ferrarior anyother hi performance car. i do know alot of ricers make up stuff thats why its fun to beatem. most of the time ppl arnt really racing just messin around anyway. i know a xj cant whoop a mustang but people think there dogs. i get made fun of for drivin a jeep till i showem what its got

One time I raced a squirrel and I won.

I don't race, its pointless to me, especially in a jeep that handles like hell going 10 mph. I've gone out towing with my dad too many times to see what happens when people think they're cool and race, usually its not pretty at all especially the 2 fatal ones I went to.

Just my thoughts on the subject though.

Dean

and I'd like to see these 5.0 mustangs you guys are beating, you sure they are 4 poppers?

bocaj said:
i raced a suped up neon and won and a corvett needless to say the outcome of that. has anyone ever raced somthin that an xj shouldnt beat?

OK, first off if you beat that neon either; a) the neon was not modified at all and was a sohc auto, or b) you've done some serious performance mods to your jeep. I own a 1991 XJ with 4.0 HO and 4.10's and a stock 1997 dohc 5spd neon. I have always been impressed with the power of the XJ and it will give a 5.0 mustang a damn good run, but the neon will blow the doors off it everytime.

Tony

That makes a lot of sense, you can give a V8 mustang a run for its money, but a 4 banger Neon that goes 0-60 in like 8 seonds will beat you. WTF? :huh:

WTF??? who the hell races a Jeep of any sort, are they made for speed?, guess that's news to me, I figure the slower the better, but I suppose we'll see a thread soon asking how to put fart cans on an xj and what type of suspension drop did u do.... lol

Steele said:
WTF??? who the hell races a Jeep of any sort, are they made for speed?, guess that's news to me, I figure the slower the better, but I suppose we'll see a thread soon asking how to put fart cans on an xj and what type of suspension drop did u do.... lol

We have an entire forum dedicated to performance modifications... NAXJA is an equal opportunity Jeep club. Try opening up your mind a little. :doh:

Back