• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock question

87CherokeeChief

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have pro comp es3000s for 3in of lift that they can measure fully extended? for some reason mine seem to be the same length as stock(when i put them up next to the stock ones that are still on the jeep). the new ones measure 19" in the rear and 24" in the front.

Most manufacturers call out the same shock for up to 3" of lift. A stupid idea if you ask me. The problem is that if you get a longer shock, you need to make sure and extend your bump stops. Otherwise you may bottom your shock at full compression. Bottoming a shock will significantly reduce its lifetime.

hmm ok well my rear stock shocks are actually longer(got one rear one out with out breakin a bolt), so either 2 things happened the dude at 4wp sold me the wrong shock or i am netting more than 3 inches in the back, in the back i have a 2" AAL and a 1.5" shackle.

Back