• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper question

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
On 97+'s what do you do with the extra fender liner that hangs down when say a rigidco front bumper is used, man theres alot of liner hanging down...

never done itmyself, but ive looked in my wheel wells many a time, and yeah there is a lot of plastic there that i see no need for (except myabe keeping mud outta the engine)

Rich,

I just trimmed away the "unnessary" liner that hung down with some tin snips. It's hard to see, but you can see the back of what's left of my liner up front, right behind the horn in the pic...

Ivan

fronttow1.jpg

I HATE doing one way mods that you can't back out of :rolleyes: oh well....

On my friend's RIGID bumper, he was able to use zip ties and tie all that liner and stuff up behind the bumper very nicely. I'll try and get some pics for ya.

I think you don't have to worry if you decide you want to have it back just go to the junkyard. There's so many XJ's out there that parts are easily found.

I just put the Warn bumper on my 97. There is lots of plastic to hack away. Don't be afraid, just take a utility knife and slice away. I also bent the horn brackets up and relocated the vacuum canister behind the coolant overflow under the hood. Looks nice and clean. Good luck!

I installed my RIGID front bumper a few months ago, and simply used tin snips to trim away the excess front plastic of the wheelwell. It now looks very similar to Ivan's picture.

Back